how long do you think i can go without a UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys and gals I'm newly registered to this site but i've been lurking for a while. Anyways here is my first question I have a 07 F-150 with a 4.6. I bought it new,and at 15000 mi I started using syn oil. At 27000 i put in QHP 5w20 with a motorcraft oil filter. I've never run my oil past 5000 mi. for warranty reasons. I was wondering if it would be safe to run this fill out to about 8000 mi. I drive between 60-75% hwy and most trips are more than enough to burn off condensation. To keep the warranty safe i was gonna buy some oil and a filter at wally world take it back and keep the receit. I'm a little tight with money as of now and also wouldn't mind doing "conservative long drains". So what do you all think?

Last edited:
IF still under warrenty follow service interval for normal use. if not under warrenty 8k will be ok just keep it topped off and/or change the filter at 4k and top off.

WELCOME

I went 46 years without a UOA. Only get a UOA if you know you have problem, coolant or fuel getting into your engine, internal engine noise, etc.

I had the 4.6 in my old Merc and did 10,000 mile OCIs for 218,000 miles with no problems at all.

Quote:
I was wondering if it would be safe to run this fill out to about 8000 mi. I drive between 60-75% hwy and most trips are more than enough to burn off condensation.

Sure. People do it all the time.

How could it be any safer out of warranty?

(big smile)
Better not do any canyon jumping while I have some form of safety net. Better wait until it's gone. I'll feel more secure!

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Bad idea. Just stay with the warranty compliant 5k changes.

Why so, FZ1? What changes after that arbitrary line in the sand?

Are you no longer "you" when at a bank window the day after your license expires? Is the image magically turned invalid by the passing of a day?

That is, just what "lack of risk" does one magically experience the day/mile your warranty expires? More accurately, what magic liability is removed?

I've yet to see the true wisdom in this view. Sure, you can say that you're protecting the warranty ...but if that is such a sound disposition ..........why in the heck do most of you abandon it the minute you're no longer protected?

I can't wait until this shield is worthless. Then I can engage in some real risky behaviors!!

How much sense does that make?

Now we can say it's to avoid some potential "hassle factor" in the event that something occurs ..but, again, we're assigning some irrational fear factor to our behaviors that has nothing to do with empirical observations and statistical probability.

My comments to the op were made to prevent him potentially engaging in a fraud re the "Claimed Fill" at 5k that did not occur at 5k.

Originally Posted By: tig1
I went 46 years without a UOA.

lol i was kinda thinking the same thing. ive never gotten one, and all my cars have been just fine

Thank you all for your suggestions oil is cheaper than a motor so i will probably pony up the coin for the pp deal the fraud idea scares me a little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back