How does this Mann oil filter perform ?

Mercedes, BMW, VW, Audi, most Porsche and others use mostly Mann as OE,
while (at least some) Mini, Peugeot, Citroen, Ferrari, Maserati and Jaguar use
Purflux as OE. I don't think that does one make any better than the other. The
lack of reliable test data doesn't either. So I'd say you can use them both with
confidence, and just use what you feel most comfortable with. Your engine
most cerainly won't notice what brand oil filter you go for as long it's a quality
part such as Mann or Purflux. I use to run Mann in my GTI while I run Purflux in
my Mini. Currently there's an OE BMW/Mini filter in, but that's actually a Purflux.

So the Purflux is a quality brand ? Did I upgrade with the Mann filter , or just make a lateral move ?

Z
mann makes the white and green filters for the engines that have a bolted on oil filter adapter. the purflux eaz1354 is for the engines with the oil filter thread built into the lower bedplate.

Last edited:
mann makes the white and green filters for the engines that have a bolted on oil filter adapter. the purflux eaz1354 is for the engines with the oil filter thread built into the lower bedplate……”

How do those differences impact the reliability vis a vis using the Mann filter ?

How do those differences impact the reliability vis a vis using the Mann filter ?
nothing just 105 tall vs 120 tall

the mann you bought is the tall version for the early cars not the one they rebadge as jaguar

Last edited:
Back