How accurate is Mobil 1's Product Recommendations Results?

I've found the Mobil oil site a bit wonky of late...one time listing these oils they sell while another removing one or more of those oils...in my case specifically Mobil removed their oil filter for my 2016 CTS V-Sport while recommending it for the 2016 XTS V-Sport but showing it unavailable despite fresh deliveries (new box design) to Walmart and elsewhere...at one time this year recommending Mobil 1 (vanilla) and now removing that recommendation but now recommending the Mobil Full Synthetic and Mobil Super Synthetic (presumably not as high a choice as M1 was)...

the choices for my car have changed 3 times since January...LOL...make that 4 times... I checked again since posting this...

Good luck with your choice

Bill

Last edited:
I checked again since posting this...M1 (vanilla) is now again on the list and it isn't the changeover to Dexos 1 Gen 3 as that has qualified for a while...

Bill

Continuing the small rant on Mobil, they changed the spec and dimensions on one of their oil filters. OK. That's fine, but they did NOT change the model/part number. Now the receiving end is convex instead of concave and the overall depth has increased about 1/2". Can't comment on the change in flow/filtration but assume a bit more depth if it still fits provides more filtering surface area, a positive thing. The specific filter is the Mobil 1 108A, widely used on a number of vehicles as well as Triumph motorcycles.

Continuing the small rant on Mobil, they changed the spec and dimensions on one of their oil filters. OK. That's fine, but they did NOT change the model/part number. Now the receiving end is convex instead of concave and the overall depth has increased about 1/2". Can't comment on the change in flow/filtration but assume a bit more depth if it still fits provides more filtering surface area, a positive thing. The specific filter is the Mobil 1 108A, widely used on a number of vehicles as well as Triumph motorcycles.

Interesting since that is the filter number that comes up for the Mazda SkyActiv 2.5.

I don’t use them due to sloppy glue assembly. Plus, they are over $11 at Wally’s which is no deal. I can get the Roki for $3 less at the dealer.

Back