Hotels

I worked for a Best Western Plus for seven years. The owners put alot of money into the property. My biggest complaint is that it took way too long for BW to differentiate the differences between the properties ie 2,3,4 diamond rated. The property was built in the 60's and it made it difficult to work on due to the age. The owners were kind of penny pinchers which helped out during the pandemic. Econo Lodges seemed to be really hit or mis in quality. I've seen a few that were really sketchy.
In my area of Florida BWP really cranked up the rates. That said many aren't real old either.
Competition is stiff and I'm seeing much lower prices than many speculated during the cv19 days.

In my area of Florida BWP really cranked up the rates. That said many aren't real old either.
Competition is stiff and I'm seeing much lower prices than many speculated during the cv19 days.
Some of the 4 Diamond best westerns are really nice. I stayed at on in Colorado Springs a couple of years ago. For the money the room should have been larger along with a larger shower/bathroom. The hot tub was one of the largest ones I saw along with the pool. IZt closed really late at midnight which I've never seen before and was near the front desk which minimized loud kids from using it. Best Western is the largesse hotel chain in the world and they are all independently owned. This has ups and downs. They can't transfer bookings to other properties vs a large corporate chain.

I worked for a Best Western Plus for seven years. The owners put alot of money into the property. My biggest complaint is that it took way too long for BW to differentiate the differences between the properties ie 2,3,4 diamond rated. The property was built in the 60's and it made it difficult to work on due to the age. The owners were kind of penny pinchers which helped out during the pandemic. Econo Lodges seemed to be really hit or mis in quality. I've seen a few that were really sketchy.

When I think of Econo Lodge I immediately think of a run down building with drug dealers in the parking lot.

We try to stay at Hampton Inns. They have always been clean and comfortable. Worst experience was a Hilton on our way to Florida. Paid top dollar. The beds were horrible, one look at the pool and big pass, smelled weird, poor ventilation. We stayed at a La Quinta in Oregon years ago when they first arrived on the scene and really like it. Excellent value. No idea what they are like today.

Marriott or Hilton … a JW Marriott spot for chilling in the evening …

IMG_2196.jpeg

Check out the new Hard Rock in Daytona Beach. This one is JUST a hotel, no gambling at this time. They even shut down "THEIR" section of beach to driving! I have no idea of pricing.
It's getting REALLY nice here now and there is still plenty of beach to drive on, like 26 miles of it!
Marguritaville is probably a bit too yuppified right now, but it's on LPGA Blvd.
Hard Rock hotels are pretty expensive. I haven't stayed at the one in Atlantic City in over a year due to their room rates. For the same money or less I can pretty much get the same room, but with a better pool

That atrium is really impressive. I don't have lots of experience with top tier hotels. Usually stay close to the roadside franchise places. Long time ago took my gf, now wife, on an excursion to Mexico. Near Alcapulco we got a room at a local place. No amenities. Beggars and whores all around. The bed had ripped sheets and roosters outside for alarm clocks. She wanted to kill me. Huevos rancheros for complimentary breakfast.

The journey is the adventure.

Back