Hopefully just scored some push mowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I will give it a try. I don't really want to have a primer though.

Here is a better look at the carb setup it has

The body looks to be the exact same size so if you want to buy the knockoff and swap parts, you may be able to keep the autochoke. It's still cheaper than a rebuild kit. Personally, I would just rip off the linkages and stick with a tried and true primer. The throttle cable looks to be the common design I've always seen.

Just removing that carb looks like a total PITA. I know on mine, getting to the governor spring ticked me off because I had to remove the entire top cover to be able to reach it.

Originally Posted By: PhilsSmallEngine
The body looks to be the exact same size so if you want to buy the knockoff and swap parts, you may be able to keep the autochoke. It's still cheaper than a rebuild kit. Personally, I would just rip off the linkages and stick with a tried and true primer. The throttle cable looks to be the common design I've always seen.

Just removing that carb looks like a total PITA. I know on mine, getting to the governor spring ticked me off because I had to remove the entire top cover to be able to reach it.

The bad thing is that I cant find a knock off of the 632090 carb. I can only find a few OEM ones.

The arm that holds the friction disk is about a half inch from the air filter neck and not much farther from the carb. Not much room to do something different.

Well I tried getting the carb apart some more and it isn't comming without a fight. It is corroded solid. I might try a differen style carb eventually.

In the mean time I am going to take a quantum off an old Murray high wheel that the deck and wheels are about shot on and put it on the snapper. The motor is well used and getting weak but it never gets used and I would rather use this highvac to trim with and mulch than the Murray. Hopefully I will have pics tonight.

Last edited:
Well taking the quantum off the Murray didnt go as planed. Snapped one mounting bold and one other is stuck tight so that is on the back burner for a while.

I think the wizard has a sheared flywheel key cause it fire but only back through the carb. I haven't looked into it anymore yet.

The deere I thought was going to the most difficult one but I managed to get it running today. I found that the chute kill switch wasn't made so I got spark and got it to fire with pouring a little gas down the carb. The I pilled the carb sprayed it out, put it back together and it took off with no issue. It still has a little crummy gas in it cause it is impossible to drain the tank all the way. I will post a video of it running soon.

Here is the deere running. Runs pretty good for only blowing out the carb with carb cleaner and putting 3 month old gas in it. The filter was junk so I happend to notice that the profiler for my 318 is the same width so I folded it up into the housing till I get the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back