Honda Odyssey filter stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
when changing a oil filter on a volvo semi truck, the strap wrench broke. I was surprised, I thought they were indestructible. first time i had to use the screw driver method. it works.

if the filter is dented i wouldn't run it. it relies on the thin space around the filer media to flow oil.

DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECK your going the correct way. Helped my brother once with a "stuck" oil filter. tuns out he was just turning the wrong way. it happens. have someone else look to confirm.

Strap held, but the filter wouldn't budge, started to crush further. Pipe wrench was crushing the metal base. I wasn't going to get involved any further. Guy ended up going to the dealer.

Hello, I read this thread with interest because my brother "just" bought a 2007 Odyssey on which we just changed the oil and filter for the first time. I had read about the tight confines of the filter so I was at least mentally prepared. No offence to LeakySeals' friend but I must assume he didn't get a good square purchase on the filter for try #1. I have two old blue spring steel filter wrenches with pivoting handles. All I needed to do was insert a wrap of old belt to take up the slack. It's the same procedure I use for the plastic filter housing in my Volvo 5 cyl. Those two are small in diameter indeed. Kira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back