Honda J series Timing Belt/Water Pump OE parts pics.

These parts off 2007 3.0L Accord with 122,550 miles, ~17.5 years. Using member @GemStater thread linked* as a guide, I chose the Aisin THK-002 kit. No need to post kit part pics as same as GemStater. Only difference on water pump, "Japan" stamped under Aisin name. I also used Gates Unitta Japan timing belt rather than kit included Mitsuboshi. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/honda-v6-aisin-tkh-002-timing-belt-kit-my-review.289618/

One difference in parts used, I chose to use the Bando accessory belt rather than OE Mistuboshi. It was half the cost, my research showed good quality reputation and made in the US. Interestingly, lowest price found and free shipping for Gates Unitta and Bando belts was from....Home Depot. Aisin kit from Amazon, ~$157 before increase to current price. Job done by a HS auto tech teacher known for a long time. No, not done in/by his class, done at his home shop. As for service interval here, to steal a phrase from another member, flame suit on. :) Want to thank member @GemStater for his detailed thread.

P1020547.JPG

P1020469.JPG

OE Accessory Belt
P1020549.JPG

OE Timing Belt
P1020553.JPG

OE Pulleys
P1020561.JPG

P1020563.JPG

OE Tensioner. Second pic, should be able to see a 'small' amount' shiny fluid on the tensioner end. Was brought to my attention on pick up.
P1020556.JPG

P1020559.JPG

OE Water Pump
P1020569.JPG

P1020568.JPG

Last edited:
Yep, that's about what mine look like when I swap them. Look like they can almost go another 100k.

Well, except for the tensioner.
Yeah, I thought excluding the small tensioner seep, everything looked great. Water pump still looked new. Imo, timing belt had more life in it. But, no complaints about parts life here.

Yeah, I thought excluding the small tensioner seep, everything looked great. Water pump still looked new. Imo, timing belt had more life in it. But, no complaints about parts life here.

Yep, and I'm certainly not going back in there again because I didn't replace a part that could have gone longer.

I never ignore the tensioner. This timing belt came out of an '09 Corolla (1.8L). The belt was ~week old when the old tensioner seized on the interstate........
Without knowing all the details, it's difficult to understand why one would do or pay to have done a TB service and not replace the tensioner while there. Especially so if interference engine. If there was any, be interested in the reasoning. As an aside, when I looked up 09 Corolla 1.8L to take a look at and get more info, engine shows timing chain. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back