Who do you think made this Beck/Arnley timing belt?

Is the engine an "interference" engine? IOW, if the belt breaks with the piston hit the valves? If it is I recommend you go with high quality belt made by the supplier to the car's manufacturer. Same for the tensioner and pullies.

Is the engine an "interference" engine? IOW, if the belt breaks with the piston hit the valves? If it is I recommend you go with high quality belt made by the supplier to the car's manufacturer. Same for the tensioner and pullies.

Yes, it's interference, but it is supposed to be good for 100k :unsure:

Gates/Unitta is the OE supplier for the timing belt, and I can get all the other OEM/OES parts too :)

I just don't want to spend the $200 if I don't have to.

Yes, it's interference, but it is supposed to be good for 100k :unsure:

Gates/Unitta is the OE supplier for the timing belt, and I can get all the other OEM/OES parts too :)

I just don't want to spend the $200 if I don't have to.
I completely get that. I'm very frugal as well, however a TB is not something I'm willing to guess on, same for all the fluids in a vehicle when I buy it (used). All gets changed and I know what I have and go from there. Honestly $200 is very cheap insurance. Unless I have a dealer or trustworthy shop documentation (or a dated belt) I'm going to put a new one on, interference engine..... no brainer.

Otherwise, just run it until it either breaks or you feel like you want to spend the $200 on it. In the end it's your car, not mine.

Back