Honda I4 or Toyota V6 - Which to try GC with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt this is the right section to put a question about GC in, but if this needs to be moved because the cars in question are not diesels then I understand.

I've been doing all this reading about the black forest elves and their magical concoction... so I went and bought 5 quarts. Now I don't know which car to put it in. That may sound silly, but I hate standing in the store looking at a bottle of oil like I'm mentally defective.
happy2.gif

I've got a '97 accord ex with the f22b2 4 cyl. vtec engine. The manual recommends 5W-30. The other is my wife's V6 '99 Camry with the 1mz-fe sludge creator engine, which also recommends 5W-30. Both have used PP and M1 5W-30 for some time without any problem, but I want to experiment. I run wix filters, but I doubt that matters.

Her car is driven on trips averaging 20 miles at a time, two or three times a day. Mine is driven several times a day distances varying from 5 to 25 miles. Her car has ~150K miles on it, and mine ~100K. I could try it in both if you all think it's a good idea or neither and run it in the lawn equipment. I just wanted to play with a new oil.

Please advise, guys.

ditto. Id put PP 5w-30 in the honda and leave it alone. Id run GC in the toyota, since it surely can use a good quality robust oil.

Thanks, guys. That was my first instinct, but I figured why not ask my fellow oil nuts.

It's another 1500 miles to the change yet, so anybody else who wants to weigh in, feel free.

Been using GC in my sludge prone Avalon for over 50k.
UOAs are listed. Stuff works. I also use LC20 and don't know if that helps or not but the sludge is not there!
For your test I'd use GC in your 1m-fe in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back