Honda CBX 1000-oil choice Mild ambient temps/high engine temps

I'd just go with any big brand motorcycle 10W-40 full synthetic.

Thicker doesn't necessarily mean better with heat. Just a 40 wt that is great at handling high heat without breaking down too quickly is what I'm leaning toward.
My ZZR600 are happy with Mobil Delvac 10W-40 HDEO, no issues. Maybe HDEO is something for you. Modern trucks put a lot of strain on oil because they have regeneration of DPF function. A lot of heat are generated during regeneration, oil must handle that too.

I’ve owned CBX for decades. Any JASO MA / MA2 (truly) registered oil works fine. 5w40 or 10w40. Only problem lubes for me were with HDEO 15w40 / 5w40 and these usually caused intermittent generator clutch slip (audible clicking) when hot, and shift quality got notchy quickly.

I’ve owned CBX for decades. Any JASO MA / MA2 (truly) registered oil works fine. 5w40 or 10w40. Only problem lubes for me were with HDEO 15w40 / 5w40 and these usually caused intermittent generator clutch slip (audible clicking) when hot, and shift quality got notchy quickly.
Can't speak to the generator clutch slip, but Mobil 1 10w40 4T holds shift quality very well.

Back