homemade pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

pizza makes you fat

Don't eat the XXX large one all by yourself.
wink.gif

Quote:

Quote:

pizza makes you fat

Don't eat the XXX large one all by yourself.
wink.gif

I will try not too. but even couple of slices from pizza hut is still very fattening. their pizza is pure fat. if you watcing your weight you better of with the apple or carrot.

It made me think twice at the time...then they released their "nutritional information"...I nearly heaved.

My kids have "pizza" quite regularly (for breakfast sometimes).

wholmeal pita bread.
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup shredded cheese
half a red capsicum, sliced
a tomato sliced.

Quote:

I don't eat Pizza Hut's pizza.
wink.gif

my point being that any pizza is not best nutritious food for you. especially if you prone to weight gain. you know the dough is empty carbs and meat toppings are full of fat so there is no help either.

way too many calories to burn...even after moderate portion. i'm sticking to healthy diet for now. lols

I'm happy to hear you eat so healthy and have no weight issues.
wink.gif
As for me, I eat pizza and have no weight issues. However, from your description I can tell that I don't eat the kind of pizza you might eat, loaded with fat meat, white flour crust, a ton of "cheeze", if you were eating any pizza. My typical pizza is made with a thin-crust whole wheat crust with tomatoes, little sauce, Canadian bacon or chicken, onions, spinach, some cheese (nothing like the amount of cheese on the average American "pizza"). A typical Mediterranean pizza is also not especially fattening food. I also have my pizza with red wine instead of with soda. It makes me shudder when I see people drink soda when eating pizza!

Quote:

I'm happy to hear you eat so healthy and have no weight issues.
wink.gif
As for me, I eat pizza and have no weight issues. However, from your description I can tell that I don't eat the kind of pizza you might eat, loaded with fat meat, white flour crust, a ton of "cheeze", if you were eating any pizza. My typical pizza is made with a thin-crust whole wheat crust with tomatoes, little sauce, Canadian bacon or chicken, onions, spinach, some cheese (nothing like the amount of cheese on the average American "pizza"). A typical Mediterranean pizza is also not especially fattening food. I also have my pizza with red wine instead of with soda. It makes me shudder when I see people drink soda when eating pizza!

Where are you from anyway? Great Britan? do you make your own pizza or buying? where i live there is no any good pizza joints. just hut or dominos. both suck. hut is pure grease and dominos taste like cardboard. i'm not that crazy to drive a distance to get something good or cook it myself. thus i better of without it. just eat an apple and call it a day.

p.s. soda is made for junk food. they go together like pb and jelly. alchogol and pizza? ughhh

Me, a Limey?
laugh.gif

Life is too short to waste it on bad food. Making a pizza from scratch doesn't take any more time than buying one, unwrapping it and baking it. And yes, I have "alchogol" with my pizza, and plenty of it, ya betcha! Chairs!
wink.gif

Here is a slice of a homemade pizza:
pizza_s-1.jpg

This would be one of my homemade calzoni:
stuffed_s_0728.jpg

Mixing and kneading the dough takes 5 minutes. I freeze half of the dough for future use.

I'm not sitting there, watching the dough rise for a few hours, but I go about my business. In the evening, I punch the dough down, I knead it for a couple minutes, I roll it out, I brush it with a little oil, I slap on what I want on my pizza, and I shove it in the oven for 20 minutes. Done.

If I go to the supermarket to buy a pizza, it takes me more time. If order a pizza it takes about the same amount of time (30 minutes), but it's not good.

If making a simple yeast dough is too demanding, you can always buy a baggie of fresh dough at a supermarket for a buck. Or you can eat an apple, which is of course very good for you.

well most men don't like or can't cook. when they want pizza they want it now! killing the whole day for a slice or two, nahh...it seems like a lot of hassle. i'm stiking with the apple for now, plus there is no guilt factor afterwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back