Homebrew all in one cleaner wax.

Is there a better product than this? I took a bottle of mothers carnuba cleaner wax, and mixed in some turtle wax polishing compound and some collinite 845, heated it up in hot water and shook the crap out of it. I used this for a lot of cars by hand.

Im sorry to say the mothers carnuba cleaner wax is worthess by itself. The polishing compound helped it cut, the 845 helped it shine warm. It was a way of using up a bad product without throwing it away, and it was actually impressive to use. Im now out and need somthing that can do all 3. Polish, protect, and have a warm shine on the cheap!!!!!

Turtle Wax:
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...EALw_wcB&store=5207&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mothers:
https://www.acehardware.com/departm...x1Ia1CQpIsaAgiUEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Collinite 845:
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...Kr6arNvepUaAj2VEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:
lol, WHAT? No.

You don't want polishing compound left behind embedded in the wax, (which you will have), it just contaminates and reduces the effectiveness of the wax, as well as the much larger amount of good and bad things removed from the paint, still suspended in the wax. Always make the larger (it's all relative) grit polishing a separate step, after which you use a strong detergent to wash off and strip away any wax that might remain.

After that step, if you still have swirl marks to get rid of then maybe a cleaner wax but you don't then need to put in an addition non-cleaner wax.

If you want the comprehensive solution it is not found by trying to mix everything together. First, polishing compound only if needed. Wash that completely off with strong detergent and hot water. Second, cleaner synthetic sealant, or non-cleaner if no cleaning needed which there shouldn't be after the first round of treatment, after you get into an n-month regimen of rewaxing (next step). There are exceptions, like if you have to park under sappy trees, have heavy exhaust deposit fallout from your parking location then you might need a cleaner more often but not as aggressive as a polishing compound. Third, wax top coat.

Mixing them is not the same, just like it is not the same to put toothpaste on your steak for dinner.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Is there a better product than this?

Yes, several all in ones such as Blackfire that have a team of engineers developing compound and polish abrasives that work together while not destroying your clear coat and leave behind a world class sealant to protect and shine but you do you

Originally Posted by NYSteve

Yes, several all in ones such as Blackfire that have a team of engineers developing compound and polish abrasives that work together while not destroying your clear coat and leave behind a world class sealant to protect and shine but you do you

Man...I just looked at the pricing on "Blackfire" products. They must be paying their R&D guys big bucks...seeing what those products cost.

Originally Posted by CKN

Man...I just looked at the pricing on "Blackfire" products. They must be paying their R&D guys big bucks...seeing what those products cost.

Blackfire is part of the Palm Beach Motoring Group. They also make Pinnacle and Wolfgang as well as a few other names. They sell their products under the Autopia/Autogeek website that they own as well. PBMG is owned by Vision which is run by Tony George of Indianapolis 500 fame.

It's really convoluted.

Originally Posted by CKN

I took one of the AutoGeek roadshow classes and we had one of the abrasives engineers in it. Don't know specifically which brand he worked for but he spoke about how they develop the abrasives to work as a compound initially, then breakdown to a polish then stop polishing and letting the sealant/wax be left behind. He talked about how they develop the abrasives to work for a specific amount of work time using a dual orbital polisher, the pressure you apply and type of pad along with what paints are out there today.

For me, yes the price is completely worth it as I will use Blackfire All In One once a year if that.

All that being said, there is nothing wrong with using an over the counter polish/wax/sealant. As long as you are happy with the results, that's all that matters.

The only reason I commented is because the OP asked if there is something better than his homebrew. There absolutely is and Blackfire is one of the best due to the R&D involved, ease of use and results. If the OP is happy with his brew, more power to him, just pointing out that there is more that goes into an all-in-one than mixing what you have on hand or what you use as separate steps.

I've made my Homebrew with several types of wax and polish when the bottles would be about 1/4 full, no sense in throwing away good product, paint always came out shiny and smooth, same with spray waxes and detailers, lump all in the bigger bottle and away you go, outcome was the same, shiny and smooth.
11.gif

Back