Detail and Wax - Top Picks and Favorites Of Members On BITOG

I have used 2 products with great success. Zaino Bros show car polish with Flash cure accelerator and Pinnacle Black label ceramic coating. Zaino is inexpensive and easy to use. Used 2 coats with cure accelerator and it lasted for a couple years. The Pinnacle is a serious and expensive pro ceramic coating. It is not real easy to use on a dark car. You have to use more product than they say. You have to spread and buff it very quickly. It provides a mirror finish and lasted me more than 2 years.
With both of these products you have to have good prep getting everything off the finish, Dawn detergent and clay bar.

I still use a product that has been around for awhile....RaceGlaze...Beenn around for over 30 years...

I still use a product that has been around for awhile....RaceGlaze...Beenn around for over 30 years...
I used to use that but so hard to find in Hawaii. The store that carried it shut down in 2000 and Car Quest stop carrying it due to poor sales.

I used to use that but so hard to find in Hawaii. The store that carried it shut down in 2000 and Car Quest stop carrying it due to poor sales.
You can still order it online....When they have the street rod nationals here in Louisville each summer I still see a lot of them using race glaze products...

1. Polish - McKees One Step, or Carini's SIo2 One Step, Car pro Reflect
2. Wax - McKees Hydro Blue Pro, Mckees Graphene Sealant
3. Wheels/Tires: Superior Products Rage (i forget what it is called now) Griots Foaming Wheel Cleaner
4. Windows: Griots Premium Window Cleaner, Mother's Screen Cleaner
5. Tires Dressing: Mother's SPEED, Optimum Opti Bond
6. Trim - Mothers CX Ceramic, Poorboys trim restore, Opi Bond
7. Wheel Wells - Opti Bond diluted with water
8. Car Soap: Mckees SIO Wash, or Graphene Wash, don't have to rinse can wait to the end!
9. Prep Car Wash: McKee's Coating Prep Car Wash
10. Rinseless: McKees Rinseless wash and Wax, Mckees SIo2 Rinseless, Mckees N914
11. Interior: Adam's Interior Detailer
12. Quick Detailer: Mother's Hybrid Ceramic QD, Mckees 37 Rinseless Wash and Wax diluted
13. Bugs, Tar: Rage OR McKees Bug Remover

Here is my list:

Car Wash:

1- Meguiars D110 Hyper Wash. Low cost, excellent suds and great cleaning power.
2- Optimum No Rinse. Very useful product for light-to-moderately dirty cars, also good for interior wipe-downs.

Sealant:
1- Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish. Easy application and reasonable lifespan.
2- Jescar/Menzerna Power Lock. Easy application (for a crème type sealant) with good temporary filling capabilities.

Spray Wax:
1- Meguiars D156 Spray Sealant. Inexpensive and does not streak when applied under direct sunlight.

AIO:
1- Meguiars D166. Truthfully, most products in this category are very similar, but this one is economical and has pretty good cut.

Polish:
1- Optimum Hyper Polish. Great cut (for a polish), easy wipe off and not very oily (important if the car will be coated).
2- Meguiars M205. Very versatile product, but is sometimes a bit tricky to finish with.

Compound:
1- Meguiars M100 – Great cut when paired with MF discs or wool. Cheap. Short work time.

Degreaser:
1- Optimum Power Clean. Expensive, but works well as a “Medium Degreaser.” To be honest, I have not found a degreaser that I truly like using.

Wheel Cleaner:
1- Meguiars D143 – Great for cleaning tires and wheels. I dilute it 1:1. Safe for all finishes.
2- Meguiars D140 – I use it undiluted on very dirty wheels. But cleaning power is still a bit weak compared to some other acid-based wheel cleaners.

Tire Shine:
1- CarPro PERL – great shine when applied undiluted. Gives tires a “clearcoat” type look. It does sling a bit more than I wish, though.

Plastic/Vinyl Dressing:
1- Meguiars D149. I generally despise any plastic/vinyl dressings, but this product is great for a quick interior wipedown. It adds a tiny bit of a gloss, just enough to restore surfaces to a “like-new” appearance without having the obvious appearance of being dressed. This product is also sold at the retail label under a different name.

Leather:
1- Meguiars D181. Great leather cleaner, smells good, safe for all leather.

MF Towels:
- CarPro BOA. Soft enough for any finish, but also has a short nap which makes it usable for polish/sealant removal. Great for cleaning windows as well.
- Anything from The Rag Company
You ought to try Mckee's N-914 to replace the ONR. I like it MUCH better. Griots 3 in 1 for spray wax\sealant. I like the Menzerna line of polishes\compounds. 303 for interior. Leatherique for the leather. Rag Co for MF.

Been taking advantage of Ech20 dilution. 1.5 oz per 33oz make a fantastic Detailer.

Attachments

• IMG_4187.jpeg
    IMG_4187.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 11
You ought to try Mckee's N-914 to replace the ONR. I like it MUCH better. Griots 3 in 1 for spray wax\sealant. I like the Menzerna line of polishes\compounds. 303 for interior. Leatherique for the leather. Rag Co for MF.
I use both N914 and ONR (new formula). I think they are both similar but different enough that I don’t think there is a clear winner. ONR encapsulates things and drags to the bottom of the bucket better I think, but N914 is a little slicker. ONR leaves a tiny bit of gloss polymer behind. N914 can go rancid if you leave it diluted in water for a long time.

I have used 2 products with great success. Zaino Bros show car polish with Flash cure accelerator and Pinnacle Black label ceramic coating. Zaino is inexpensive and easy to use. Used 2 coats with cure accelerator and it lasted for a couple years. The Pinnacle is a serious and expensive pro ceramic coating. It is not real easy to use on a dark car. You have to use more product than they say. You have to spread and buff it very quickly. It provides a mirror finish and lasted me more than 2 years.
With both of these products you have to have good prep getting everything off the finish, Dawn detergent and clay bar.
Zaino is so old school. I loved it. I would not call it easy to use compared to modern sealants though lol. It’s like all the work of a ceramic coating with the durability of a good spray sealant. I think both of these brands have good stuff, used to love Pinnacle Souveran, but they lag behind now in terms of ease of use.

Back