Hog hunting

Shot this one last night right at dark. Forgot how fun it was to hunt hogs. If anyone knows any public land that is overrun with hogs in either Louisiana or Mississippi, please let me know, I’d like to hunt them as often as I can. Rifle that was used was my good friends Tikka .308 while he took my new Remington Model 700 .308 to the camp to sight it in.

Attachments

• 51126114-E354-4EF8-9793-8AD57BC9CD73.jpeg
    51126114-E354-4EF8-9793-8AD57BC9CD73.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I used to hog hunt in FL. I had a friend that lived on 22 acres that had a hog problem. I used my Sako Varmint .243 on them. I also carried a Ruger 44 Magnum on my side just in case.

How does wild hog taste compare to farm raised pork?
It has somewhat of a gamey taste. We used to take our hogs to Jimbo's bbq in Tampa on Kennedy Blvd. They would smoke/bbq them and get a lot of the wild taste out of them. If I remember correctly they charged either .63 cents a lb. or $1.23 a lb.

I have eaten lots of deer meat the some tasted great and some tasted like fecal matter.. What they eat of how long it took them to die???

Know a guy who has done some gold star cook offs from the eradicate hog hunts … they have special knowledge and kit to make them come out good …
They don’t pass up anything … bacon bunnies and all …

Noice. Buddy and I are going to TX at the end of the month for our bdays for a 3 day hunt. :cool:

Back