High temperature hot glue gun and glue?

I used to really enjoy some of the creative things that I could do with a hot glue gun on my dash without damaging the dashes finish and being able to remove the item if I didn't like it or when I was done with it.

I did notice that in the summers interior temperatures would reach 180 degrees and all of my hard work would end up on the floor while I was away from it.

That was a long time ago. I have since resorted to other adhesive types.

Fast forward to now and I'd really enjoy being able to do the same things again with the same results.

I have read that there is high temperature hot glue and/or high temperature glue guns.

Will these types of glue guns/glue be able to stand up to the highest interior temperatures? What specs am I looking for?

I went to Amazon and there were so many options that I got lost so I decided to post here first.

Thanks!!

@spasm3

Oh ok, well back in the day I used to glue gauges into gauge pods that didn't fit correctly e.g. 52mm in 60mm holes etc. Was an easy path to getting on with things especially with limited tools, knowledge, and resources.

In this case, I'd like to hot glue something like this (and there are other variations obviously) to my Tribeca's dash:

There are flat/horizontal vent slots in front of the information console and my vehicle is missing the navigation option. I personally like Waze.

I don't want to get into installing an aftermarket stereo on something like this...

I welcome posts as to why or why not this is a good location BUT still want to keep on topic as to my hot glue gun options.

FWIW, this is not the only application but is just an example.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Bumper repair adhesive or windshield urethane.

I ended up getting this:

I will slip some tie wraps between the holes and under the vents to see what happened. Not much to lose really and I like it being porous as to not obstruct the vents too much. I hope it doesn't overheat the phone though. I went through that with the magnetic phone mounts. Beautiful in summer nightmare in winter.

After having used several glue guns and different types of sticks with less-than-stellar results I decided to invest in this... https://arrowfastener.com/tool/gt300/
That thing is a beast and makes short/precise work of anything I've thrown at it. I paired it with the slow set sticks for excellent bonding/torsional strength. Believe the melt/detachment point would easily survive what you mentioned you've experienced. I use mine for all sorts of fixes, but mainly to hold high strength magnets in place for a home sized coffee roaster I devised/built.

Check into hot glue sticks used for PDR. Not sure if they are high temp but they are stronger and made for panel repairs. They detach and clean up easily with iso alcohol.

Back