C/A glue bottle messy or drying out fast? Solution

I know my glue posts tend to be regarded as spam. So no more advice regarding the choice of adhesives from me. However, some may find the following helpful. I frequently use C/A glue and I tend to buy it in a 2 or 4-oz bottle because that's more cost-efficient. However, the tips of the bottles tend to gunk up and even if I use disposable precision applicators it's all very messy and tedious and once the bottle is partially depleted the remaining adhesive tends to thicken and finally harden, rendering it unusable.

I fill translucent 10ml C/A glue bottles with the adhesive. These tiny bottles come with precision metal applicator tips and silicone caps that don't get damaged by the adhesive. For $10 bucks you get a bag of bottles and tips and you don't end up wasting half the glue you bought. If the metal applicator tip clogs, a standard straight pin can be used to clean it out.

Do you have a link for the bag of small bottles?
I'm tired of going back and forth with moderators over linked content so I won't be posting any linked content other than my own images anymore. If you look for 'precision needle tip applicator glue bottles' you can find them in different sizes on Amazon.

Last edited:
Also, if you have ca kicker, store it far away from the ca.

The owner of a hobby shop once told me he found out the hard way that you don't store the kicker and the same display case as the ca. It doesn't take a lot of fumes from the kicker to get to the ca to cause the whole bottle to go bad.

Pretty nice! I keep mine in the freezer! keeps very well for over a year.
Do you keep only partially filled bottles in the freezer? Do you keep them in a bag to help prevent condensation? I use C/A glue almost every day and would have to take it out and put it back into the freezer constantly.

Also, if you have ca kicker, store it far away from the ca.

The owner of a hobby shop once told me he found out the hard way that you don't store the kicker and the same display case as the ca. It doesn't take a lot of fumes from the kicker to get to the ca to cause the whole bottle to go bad.
I have never kept accelerator near the glue. It can get humid here and moisture acts like accelerator. The C/A glue in a partially filled bottle may spontaneously thicken or outright cure overnight. Common problems are gunked up nozzles and caps that don't seal well.

Do you keep only partially filled bottles in the freezer? Do you keep them in a bag to help prevent condensation? I use C/A glue almost every day and would have to take it out and put it back into the freezer constantly.
I don't use the glue every day, so my use is different than yours. I've kept both new and partial bottlles in there, and they do get a little condensation on them when removed. The condensation goes away quickly, and small bottles warm up pretty fast. But I have not lost a bottle to setting up since I started this practice.

Back