Gorilla Glue Q?

My tennis shoe started to come apart at the heel/back section of the shoe. I asked my son if he had any kind of glue to bring it with him the next time he visits. Instead, he bought me (2) types of Gorilla Glue.
I have never repaired a tennis shoe before, let alone any shoe that separates. They are NB with a rubber sole and leather upper. Which of the (2) glues would you use for this repair?

Attachments

• GORILLA GLUE.jpg
    GORILLA GLUE.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 28
Ok, confession time.
Two days ago all I had was a huge tube of JB WELD clear silicone. I separated the rubber from the shoe just a bit and squirted a huge amount in there. I then ran a bead along the edges. I clamped it and let it dry for 24 hours. It lasted about 3-4 steps.
😖

• Haha
Reactions: Pew
Is it the one on the right in my pic?
No that is Clear Gorilla Glue. I keep that on hand too as it has its uses, but it's not a heavy-duty adhesive. Original Gorilla Glue is dark brown in the bottle. Buy the smallest bottle because it will spontaneously harden before you use it all.

Ok, confession time.
Two days ago all I had was a huge tube of JB WELD clear silicone. I separated the rubber from the shoe just a bit and squirted a huge amount in there. I then ran a bead along the edges. I clamped it and let it dry for 24 hours. It lasted about 3-4 steps.
😖
You need contact cement. If you don't want to spring for the tub of Barge Superstik Cement, just get a blue squeeze tube of their All Purpose Cement for a few bucks. It's one of the better products out there.

Ok, confession time.
😖
after that no glue will work.. throw out and buy new shoes.

Back