High Performance Lubricants PCMO Series

Why not buy enough for two OCIs, then return it? This way you can run the premium oil for two OCI's, take full advantage of the extended OCI product you're paying a premium for, and have proof of a virtual OCI in between. I mean if you're going to cheat, go all out. ;)
I like it....I like how you think!

Warranty period is pretty long if you have an extended - I'm seeing more and more cars with warranties out to 10/125K or sometimes longer (diesel).

Not sure if many modern cars are worth owning beyond the 10-15 year mark nowadays, but that is a different discussion altogether.

That makes more sense yes. My warranty is 5 years/100,000 km, very few engines need a warranty these days for that period of time.

I could easily see my truck lasting to 15 years at a minimum, it might be the last non-electric truck I purchase.

I seem to have ignited the honor/ignore the warranty requirements discussions here. I should have known better having been on automotive social media sites for almost 20 years. Was hoping that BITOG would be a little less rambunctious but seems I was wrong.
I got the info I wanted. But again, was not expecting the exuberance of the ignore the warranty reqts discussions. The industry I retired from was huge on verbatim compliance with the written rules. Being nuclear I embraced that and carried into my private life when it came to written requirements from a manufacturer who expected me to perform in a manner that they laid out for me. And throw in the Magnuson Moss warranty act, well then what would expect. Yes I know what some of the replies might be to that, but also remember, if the Manufacturer feels you violated the warranty, now you have to prove you didn't. If they do a UOA and the numbers pertaining to C20, or whatever spec you are supposed to use, aren't there or obviously different, one could be refused. And I can tell you that maybe the chances of that happening are extremely small, but my budget is infinitely smaller compared to theirs so why even take the chance.
Besides, the Mobil1 ESP X2 0W-20 is a very good oil AND actually costs less than the Amsoil or HPL prices for their product that I have been able to find. HPL-$16.95/QT, Amsoil-$14.99/QT, Mobil1-$11.67/QT.

Let the fire storm continue. :)

I seem to have ignited the honor/ignore the warranty requirements discussions here. I should have known better having been on automotive social media sites for almost 20 years. Was hoping that BITOG would be a little less rambunctious but seems I was wrong.
:)
Pretty normal, and somewhat healthy actually. Mild really compared to some other discussions.

Your question was clear as I stated - It's just not a cut and dry answer when opened up, so naturally there will be back and forth.

Carry on - no harm.

Last edited:
After a motor flush with BG EPR, I'm now running HPL 5w20 in our old car and
it's purring like a kitten! Seems to make the old motor very quiet!
2003 Ford Taurus SES.
Some what over 149,000 miles on the old car.
Running great!

The thing about oil threads is most people have their favorites tried and true. Then you have some that don't have a clue. For whatever reason there's always gonna be the argument of which ones best. Which ones best is just like beauty being in the eye if the beholder. If someone asks I'll tell them what I use and maybe why, but thats my choice. If someone else says they use something else, thats cool, its their choice. The problems come in when someone that don't have a clue asks what they should use and someone offers advise and then someone says oh no, don't use that, use this. Just because I like a certain brand doesn't mean that everyone should use it and like it. Same goes with pour in additives, we all know there's a gazillion of them on the market. Some guys swear that every oil change I add so much of this additive and thats the reason I have x amount of miles on my engine. Personally I wouldn't do it but thats just me, if for whatever reason my oil isn't living up to my expectations I'll change brands, not dr up my own brew.
With all that said. I do like High Performance Lubricants Motor Oil.
But, that's just my personal preference.

Mobil is a multi-billion dollar company with products on nearly every store shelf. Amsoil and HPL are after a completely different customer.
Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP with the latest MB 229.52 certification would satisfy the needs of many that are looking at HPL.

Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP with the latest MB 229.52 certification would satisfy the needs of many that are looking at HPL.
Is Mobil 5w30 ESP on nearly any store shelf? No. Is HPL? No, either.

But HPL can be and is on anyone’s doorstep within 2 days, which cannot be said for the Mobil Xw30 ESP, depending on where one lives.

If you like your Mobil, you can keep your Mobil. Just like other people can keep their HPL, or whichever doctor oil brand they want. 👍🏻

Doubt it - 229.52 is low SAPS?

Most of the HPL oils are geared towards super long drains with an unusually high level of detergency. Their Sulphated Ash level is likely to be significantly higher than most oils on the market.

Is Mobil 5w30 ESP on nearly any store shelf? No. Is HPL? No, either.

But HPL can be and is on anyone’s doorstep within 2 days, which cannot be said for the Mobil Xw30 ESP, depending on where one lives.

If you like your Mobil, you can keep your Mobil. Just like other people can keep their HPL, or whichever doctor oil brand they want. 👍🏻
I'm quite sure the ordering/delivery time for both oils is...identical.

I'm quite sure the ordering/delivery time for both oils is...identical.
I’ve found most places with esp in stock on Amazon it is nearly impossible to get it in 2 days, partly due to Amazon’s shipping changes even for Prime members post-2020. At least it’s true when I log in and check the earliest I can have something on my doorstep. Even WM is 3+ days:

Attachments

• IMG_1241.jpeg
    IMG_1241.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 16
Back