High Performance Lubricants Engine Cleaner

Good news - I verified that yes - using the HPL Engine Cleaner at 20% volume with our PC Engine Oils is okay and will boost the cleaning without effecting the seals - albeit at a slightly higher cost than using other oils.
I thought of doing that at some point to accelerate cleaning the baffle plate and fill port area on my 1NZ-FE. The amount of varnish removal is super slow because its deposits formed from oil vapors by previous oils of many years and that it has pretty much no active oil flow as well in that region. Good to know its safe to do that combination fill of HPL oil and EC.

The varnish is easily wiped off with a finger near the fill cap thread neck to reveal bare metal but still has a bit of layering to it last time I inspected my oil fill port. Betting more on time and patience to see it through than accelerating it.

I did 2 rounds of EC30 in my daughters CRV. Currently 1200 miles on this OCI with a frankenbrew but one is HPL PCMO 5W-30. 1.5qts PP 5W-30, 2.5 qts PP Euro L 5W-30 and 1qt HPL PCMO 5W-30, XG7317. I'm ok with how this looks for being clean since CRV has almost 234k on it. As '53 Stude said, both clean.

Then through the oil cap before EC30 started and 3 days ago with the frankenbrew. Slow and steady works for me.
View attachment 213437
View attachment 213438
View attachment 213439
Looking good!

I did 2 rounds of EC30 in my daughters CRV. Currently 1200 miles on this OCI with a frankenbrew but one is HPL PCMO 5W-30. 1.5qts PP 5W-30, 2.5 qts PP Euro L 5W-30 and 1qt HPL PCMO 5W-30, XG7317. I'm ok with how this looks for being clean since CRV has almost 234k on it. As '53 Stude said, both clean.

Then through the oil cap before EC30 started and 3 days ago with the frankenbrew. Slow and steady works for me.
View attachment 213437
View attachment 213438
View attachment 213439

Good progress. Thank You for update.

Back