Here's More Proof Tesla Faked Its Claims ...

Here's More Proof Tesla Faked Its Cybertruck Vs. Porsche 911 Drag Race MotorTrend found a 911 Carrera T beats a Cybertruck.

Wow how the tides have turned. I've been saying for years that Tesla has fudged their numbers to pump their stock but when Motor Trend can repeat a test using the same vehicles and conditions and get different numbers it shows that Musk lied again to pump Tesla stock. I hope this ends up in court. At what point is it considered fraud?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooohhh it gets better. When Tesla engineers say
"Cybertruck lead engineer Sam] Morrill also claimed Tesla’s video didn’t show the Cybertruck’s quickest run. We’re not sure if that’s true, but we can say confidently that Tesla didn’t show the Porsche 911 Carrera T’s quickest possible run. In four out of six MotorTrend drag races, the Porsche 911 Carrera T beat the Cybertruck to the eighth-mile mark. Pitting the best runs against each other, the Porsche 911 Carrera T crosses the eighth mile in 7.9 seconds at 91.4 mph. The Cybertruck does it in 8.1 seconds at 86.7 mph."

I agree, but Musk's blatant lie that it's "faster than a 911" is the point of contention.
When several engineers on YouTube can use mathematics to show it's impossible it burns me up. If members on this board made those type claims they'd be sitting in federal prison. It seems like because Musk is an "eccentric" Billionaire it's okay for some reason.

"Cybertruck lead engineer Sam] Morrill also claimed Tesla’s video didn’t show the Cybertruck’s quickest run. We’re not sure if that’s true, but we can say confidently that Tesla didn’t show the Porsche 911 Carrera T’s quickest possible run. In four out of six MotorTrend drag races, the Porsche 911 Carrera T beat the Cybertruck to the eighth-mile mark. Pitting the best runs against each other, the Porsche 911 Carrera T crosses the eighth mile in 7.9 seconds at 91.4 mph. The Cybertruck does it in 8.1 seconds at 86.7 mph."
Ha, those things are both tanks. My buddy's '91 Camaro does the 1/8 mile in 5.3 seconds @ 131. 🤣

7.9 vs 8.1 is splitting hairs and I can see the numbers going to either vehicle depending on test conditions and the track surfaces so I don't think Musk lied. He would have been better just saying the truck runs equal with the 911 and still been seen as a success performance wise.

7.9 vs 8.1 is splitting hairs and I can see the numbers going to either vehicle depending on test conditions and the track surfaces so I don't think Musk lied. He would have been better just saying the truck runs equal with the 911 and still been seen as a success performance wise.
In the 1/8 mile it was close. According to many and after multiple magazine tests Tesla sandbagged the performance of the 911 to make the Cybertruck look good. The Cybertruck can't physically beat the 911 in a 1/4 mile race. The 911 turbo wipes the floor against the Cybertruck.

In the 1/8 mile it was close. According to many and after multiple magazine tests Tesla sandbagged the performance of the 911 to make the Cybertruck look good. The Cybertruck can't physically beat the 911 in a 1/4 mile race. The 911 turbo wipes the floor against the Cybertruck.
ahhh good point 1/4 vs 1/8. I also noticed the speed was much lower in the Tesla vs 911. Probably because the tesla launches really hard then can't keep building speed - by the 1/4 mile - I agree - the 911 will have gapped the Cybertruck by many car lenghts.

There is fair bit of room for discrepancies. Motortrend may have tested in much better DA.

This isn’t unexpected. This is the same result as we saw years ago with a fast model s versus a Lamborghini.

Of course your hatred for Musk for other reasons compels this kind of commentary.

But let’s see some other bits

IMG_8480.jpeg

IMG_8481.jpeg

I’m not even sure we know what’s apples to apples here. Sure MT used the heaviest driver in the 911, and the lighter one in the truck. All the same, do we have the values from the official test? If they’re different, anything could throw the results a bit.

IMG_8482.jpeg

But we hate Elon, so…

You mean a cyber truck with a trailer, and another 911 on said trailer, right?!? Not just a bare bones cyber truck, correct?

But I suspect that’s not the real issue or premise anyway…

I’m not a fan of the cyber truck, or stunts like this in general. But I do value objectivity, and what I see as the rationale for this thread is as silly as Musk’s claims.

This isn’t unexpected. This is the same result as we saw years ago with a fast model s versus a Lamborghini.

Of course your hatred for Musk for other reasons compels this kind of commentary.

View attachment 219708
View attachment 219709

I’m not even sure we know what’s apples to apples here. Sure MT used the heaviest driver in the 911, and the lighter one in the truck. All the same, do we have the values from the official test? If they’re different, anything could throw the results a bit.

View attachment 219710

But we hate Elon, so…

You mean a cyber truck with a trailer, and another 911 on said trailer, right?!? Not just a bare bones cyber truck, correct?

I’m not a fan of the cyber truck, or stunts like this in general. But I do value objectivity, and what I see as the rationale for this thread is as silly as Musk’s claims.
If you read the article Motor Trend went back and used the same type of Cybertruck the same trailer that Tesla used and the exact same type of Porsche Carrera T. If Musk didn't make up so much when he spoke I'd respect him alot better. He's a petulant child. Next time you buy a product see if the ceo had a huge unveiling only for that product to not meet expectations, or to make product spec comments when gaming the system. The fact that this doesn't upset Tesla owners is appalling.

View attachment 219708
View attachment 219709

View attachment 219710

But we hate Elon, so…

Again when Motor Trend CarandDriver etc went out to see the Model S plaid do its 1.99* 0-60 Tesla did A) had a brand new level blacktop road put down B) Used wider wheels and tires with R compound Tires that aren't standard oem on the plaid and C) Used gallon upon gallon of track bite. In fact so much track bite that journalists had their shoes sticking to the road. So again Fraud.

I see the words “fraud and lies” tossed freely - but frankly I have way bigger worries about those issues than vehicle promotions …
At least with a car/SUV/LT - I’m not stuck with them …

Again when Motor Trend CarandDriver etc went out to see the Model S plaid do its 1.99* 0-60 Tesla did A) had a brand new level blacktop road put down B) Used wider wheels and tires with R compound Tires that aren't standard oem on the plaid and C) Used gallon upon gallon of track bite. In fact so much track bite that journalists had their shoes sticking to the road. So again Fraud.
That’s not even what I’m talking about. Frankly, I couldn’t care less about these stupid claims about 1.99s 0-60. It’s wasteful. Nothing else. So I don’t care.

But since you bring something else up, it’s not what i was talking about. There were evaluations a decade ago roughly, where it showed the EV super quick right off the line, then the Lamborghini in that case, passed it and left it in the dust.

Again, not unexpected. Electric drive has some very useful and valid attributes. And some limitations and drawbacks.

Back