Hercules Ironman tires

Just bought an F-150 4X4 with a new set of Ironman All Country ATs. They seem to ride and handle as well as a set of Michelins, at about half the price. Thinking about buying a set of Radial APs for my 4X2. Almost all the reviews look great, but one review stated that a tread separation occurred at 15K. Has anyone here had experience with Ironman tires? That one review out of many gives me some second thoughts. Thanks in advance.

i have personally not used them but have heard good things from others who have for what that is worth. Have given consideration to trying them but just haven't yet.

I'm impressed with the 275/65R18 All Country ATs on my 4X4. So far, they ride and handle pretty much like Michelins, with less noise than one would expect. I know they're made in China, but a new set of Michelins would be right at $900. When is enough enough?

Not so sure they are made in China. From Google search I always heard they were US made.

Cooper Tire still manufactures Hercules Tires and both companies remain headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The Hercules Tire & Rubber Company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, is a leading tire marketer of replacement tires in the USA, Canada and globally in more than 90 countries.

Reactions: JTK
Originally Posted by Vigilant
Just bought an F-150 4X4 with a new set of Ironman All Country ATs. They seem to ride and handle as well as a set of Michelins, at about half the price. Thinking about buying a set of Radial APs for my 4X2. Almost all the reviews look great, but one review stated that a tread separation occurred at 15K. Has anyone here had experience with Ironman tires? That one review out of many gives me some second thoughts. Thanks in advance.

One person had an issue. And we don't know if he ran over curbs, was under inflated, etc. Hercules sells a fair amount of tires. I wouldn't worry about ONE REVIEW.

There have been dozens of cases of Michelin dry rot on here-that still doesn't stop the masses praising them!

Last edited:
Can't go wrong with a Cooper made tire, I'm sure they'll serve you well.

We have a local shop that sells lots of Hercules tires. I see them on many vehicles here. I think I was told they made by Cooper. That or another major brand.

I'm impressed with the 275/65R18 All Country ATs on my 4X4. So far, they ride and handle pretty much like Michelins, with less noise than one would expect. I know they're made in China, but a new set of Michelins would be right at $900. When is enough enough?
Of course, there are many more options than those 2. You don't have to go "all the way" to Michelin...

The actual manufacturer often varies over the years. My early Buick Riviera had Korean made Hercules tires. This was in the mid 1990's.

Our Ironman is wearing well after three years of three season use (use all weather tires in winter) for our MDX. Started at 12/32" and now it's at 8/32" with proper rotation. So far happy with it's three season performance from April-October.

I have Ironman tires on a 2012 Scion XB. They were under 70 bucks at Discount tire about 3 years ago. They have held up fine in 30000 miles of driving. Not the greatest on snow for sure though.

A set of new Ironman tires came on our used Prius. They hydroplaned in wet conditions since day one. 20k later they’re sitting just above the wear bars.

Back