"Helped" at Home Depot Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I had about two hours to kill Wednesday afternoon while Discount Tire repaired a tire and rotated the lot. There was a Menards and Home Depot within walking distance so I wandered through both checking prices and looking for deals. I got the usual treatment from Menards: someone shouted hey when I walked in and I saw a lot of employees making themselves busy but they all made eye contact and said hi as we passed. In Home Depot, a different one than in the OP, only one employee in the whole store even made eye contact. A young woman - early 20's? - said Hi as we passed, but it was more like ♫Hiiii♫
blush.gif
. I think she was the one looking for studs! Why don't I get that when I have my 4 & 7 year-olds with me?

So bottom line, [censored] hasn't frozen over. Some sort of 24 hour virus must have been going around at the other HD, making everyone deliriously helpful. I'm sure they'll get over it.

I was in HD today, first time in about a month. Something strange was going on, just as Calvin mentioned there were employees all over the place and many of them approached me and asked if they could help. They were all friendly and at least appeared as if they really wanted to help.

I have no problem with multiple employees ask if I need help. They ask once and it is done. It's the ones that follow me around trying to sell me something that annoy the bejeebus out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back