Help me pick my next oil M1 5W-40 or GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the deal. I need to change my wife’s Volvo’s oil out after a final rinse with Auto-RX. This car has seen nothing but Amsoil ATM, but I only have German Castrol 0W-30 and Mobil 1 SUV 5W-40 handy right now, and can’t afford to order ATM at the moment. The motor is a 2.3 L high pressure turbo 5-cylinder. What should I use?

Two good oils, just pick one. I'd say maybe the GC bc it's a 30wt and you might see better MPG and right now gas prices are fairly high. My .02

quote:
Originally posted by Patman: Both oils are good choices, so play eenie meenie miney moe! Whichever one is moe wins! [Big Grin]
Did I ever tell you guys that Castrol told me that GC/SLX's nickname is "Moe." What a coincidence! So...go...with...SLX...period.

quote:
Originally posted by darrenc: Maybe three quarts of each!
You can't be serious? [No no] [No no] [No no] Don't even think that. All one or the other. The turbo might spool a little better with the green elixir, but either would be ok, just don't mix 'em.

quote:
Originally posted by darrenc: I was just teasing!!! I'll probably go with the GC
I figured you were. [Big Grin] In fact, it ain't all bad. ATM is great stuff. I think it would be very interesting to see the comparison in this turbo application. Does GC stand up to the turbo as well as ATM? [I dont know] Any chance of a uoa, later??

Status
Not open for further replies.