Help me pick my next oil M1 5W-40 or GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the deal. I need to change my wife’s Volvo’s oil out after a final rinse with Auto-RX. This car has seen nothing but Amsoil ATM, but I only have German Castrol 0W-30 and Mobil 1 SUV 5W-40 handy right now, and can’t afford to order ATM at the moment. The motor is a 2.3 L high pressure turbo 5-cylinder. What should I use?

Two good oils, just pick one. I'd say maybe the GC bc it's a 30wt and you might see better MPG and right now gas prices are fairly high. My .02

Both oils are good choices, so play eenie meenie miney moe! Whichever one is moe wins!
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Both oils are good choices, so play eenie meenie miney moe! Whichever one is moe wins!
grin.gif

Did I ever tell you guys that Castrol told me that GC/SLX's nickname is "Moe." What a coincidence!

So...go...with...SLX...period.

quote:

Originally posted by darrenc:
Maybe three quarts of each!

You can't be serious?
nono.gif
nono.gif
nono.gif

Don't even think that.

All one or the other.

The turbo might spool a little better with the green elixir, but either would be ok, just don't mix 'em.

quote:

Originally posted by darrenc:
I was just teasing!!!

I'll probably go with the GC

I figured you were.
grin.gif

In fact, it ain't all bad. ATM is great stuff. I think it would be very interesting to see the comparison in this turbo application. Does GC stand up to the turbo as well as ATM?
dunno.gif

Any chance of a uoa, later??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back