Help me find a durable stand for a weird application?

I've spent days scouring the internet and going to local stores to find a stand for my desktop PC. It is NOT a normal PC. I also have a few requirements that eliminate countless options. Obviously cheaper is nice, but I'd prefer to pay for quality and visual appeal...ideally under $80. Here's what I NEED:

🔹Minimum dimensions: 22" x 10" (L x W) on a flat surface with 'legs' at least 4" high (H). If the 'legs' rise above the top surface, then there has to be at least 10" between them (W). As long as the 10" spacing (W) is satisfied, then the leg spacing does not matter for (L). All dimensions can be larger, but preferably as close as possible to the minimums. The height must be at least 4" to keep a Roomba from attacking it.

🔹Minimum weight capacity: 60 pounds if I'm extremely lucky. 80 pounds is realistic. Preferably 100+. Still building it, so I can't give an exact number until it's finished. It's the bulkiest, heaviest PC I've ever seen in my life. The empty case had a two-man lift warning on the box!

Now for what I WANT (not requirements):

🔹Black in color, but glass is acceptable. Anything else will be a hard sell for me.

🔹Fixed legs are preferred to wheels/casters due to typical weight tolerances. Rubber feet aren't required, but would be nice.

🔹A surface with airflow would be nice, but isn't required. Here's an example that doesn't meet size/weight requirements, but demonstrates airflow:

41yNDOT95dL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So far the best thing I've found is an amplifier stand. The spikes are removable...

I would really appreciate any help or advice offered. I've been beating my head against the wall for days on this. Thank you in advance!

Is the strength of steel -for delicacy- needed? Granted, wood would be bulkier but not by much as 100 lb. isn't that much and you'd be setting the load down upon it not dropping it down nor moving it about.

I made a longer-legged version of such a shelf for a friend. In that case it had to span an "old complete stereo system".

Perhaps the smaller of the chrome or black kitchen shelving systems could work. There you can always cut away what you don't need. Of course their wire shelving might not be what you want....but they are strong and light

Last edited:
Is the strength of steel -for delicacy- needed? Granted, wood would be bulkier but not by much as 100 lb. isn't that much and you'd be setting the load down upon it not dropping it down nor moving it about.

I made a longer-legged version of such a shelf for a friend. In that case it had to span an "old complete stereo system".

Perhaps the smaller of the chrome or black kitchen shelving systems could work. There you can always cut away what you don't need. Of course their wire shelving might not be what you want....but they are strong and light
Steel, aluminum, wood/MDF, glass... not picky. Just needs to look somewhat appealing without any jank (like an obvious cut through a painted MDF shelf). Black color highly preferred. I looked at black pre-made shelves at HD/Lowe's, but was hoping for something more ready-to-assemble and nicely designed (those require some sort of custom legs for height). It's definitely still in the cards, but I'm a terrible handyman. I stay in my lane...under a hood or inside a case. As for the last suggestion, see below.

Bakers Rack or wire shelving…

23” by 13.4”, holds 160 pounds…

I have all my internet stuff on one…
I am a firm believer in wire shelving. Have countless units throughout my garage and house. My go-to for oil storage. However, for this application, it's a no-go. This PC has four small feet on the corners, and it would fall through. Even if I made a solid top for a shelf, I'd only use one shelf, and then the poles would be sticking way up unnecessarily.

Maybe the top or bottom half of this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SFSQLNN/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

That computer is going to be heavy might be prone to tipping over maybe keep it on the floor and secure it against the wall
I didn't come across that, but I would agree it would be too high. I'm looking to keep it near the floor, but just 4"+ off of it. Not only for the Roomba, but because I have carpet. This thing will be so heavy (mainly near the bottom - 1600W PSU) I'm not concerned in the slightest about it tipping. Besides, no kids or pets to worry about. But it's such a niche case that it doesn't fit into normal PC stands, and nobody makes anything oversized like this.

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Back