Looking for a monitor 'cart' for a large monitor...help?

I am trying to find a monitor cart (NOT a stand/wallmount) for my new monitor, but I can't seem to find what I need. I just want it to have all the basic functions of a monitor stand, but on wheels on the floor.

**Requirements:

1. Needs to be able to tilt up and *especially* down like a normal stand. Up is not necessarily a need, but down definitely is.

2. Needs to be able to handle my behemoth of a monitor (Samsung Odyssey G9). I believe it weighs ~32lbs without the stand.

3. Needs to support (or find adapters for) a 100x100 VESA mount.

4. Wheel casters/footprint *MUST* be narrower than 29" wide (left to right) to fit between the gap in my desk. No definite limit on length (front to back), but the narrower the better. Best guess would be a maximum of 18". Long story short, the monitor on it's factory stand takes up WAY too much desk space and I can't sit far enough back from it to be comfortable AND still reach the keyboard. I'm going to pull the desk away from the wall and put the cart against the wall for the ideal viewing distance of exactly 1 meter. I may be moving the desk to a different room soon, so a cart seems far easier for portability and not putting holes in the wall.

5. Needs to be height adjustable on-the-fly without getting tools to adjust it. Just like a normal stand...quick, minor adjustments to compliment my current good or bad posture.

**Wants:

6. Able to pivot left and right like a normal stand. (Not a requirement if it's on wheels. I can simply turn the entire cart to achieve the same thing).

7. Preferably black, but anything will do at this point.

8. Carts typically have stands/platforms (at least the ones meant for TVs). These are typically used to set a DVD player or similar on. A stand would actually be a negative thing in my case if it doesn't detach. My knees will probably hate me if it can't be removed, but it's not a deal-breaker either way.

9. The upright pole that the monitor physically mounts to needs to be as close to the rear of the wheel footprint as possible to be as close to the wall as possible. Basically, it shouldn't be an "X" pattern with the pole in the center. It needs to be more like a "W" pattern with the pole being at the top center point of the "W".

10. The cheaper the better. I'm trying to stay under $200, but at this point it is what it is. I'd say $400+ would convince me to drill holes instead, but I've been known to change my mind.

I can deal without 6-10, but 1-4 are requirements. Although, the more I look, the more it looks like I may have to give up on 5...

Does anyone know the whereabouts of this unicorn I'm seeking? I know, I know...first world problems. This was truly the only impulse buy I've made in my years, but I really bit off more than I can chew with this one :oops:.

Maybe something like this, there's similar ones from other brands https://www.walmart.com/ip/SmileMar...74990?fulfillmentIntent=Shipping&athbdg=L1300
Interesting. It's certainly cheap enough. It's not very clear if you can adjust the height to any setting and lock it with the dial, or if it has to stop in one of the preset holes in the upper pole. Either way, it appears it can be adjusted quickly without tools. I'll definitely save this one. Thank you!

After some more research, I guess I'm not opposed to a desk-mount stand as long as it can support the beast, NOT make any modifications or put holes in the desk itself, and is able to be extended backward (to put more distance between my eyes and the monitor. I'll be looking into these the next few days also.

This is the only one I've come across that can go above ~20-25lbs, not many options out there that are adjustable mount for the weight of the monitor unless looking at fixed or less adjustable mounts
Yeah the net is littered with this one for a G9. I've learned a few things the last several days. I'm now leaning away from the cart idea. I am also still against a wall mount, and now am even against single-arm desk mounts. My new direction is a dual-monitor desk mount that swivels 360 degrees for both arms at the base. This can mount to the desk, yet be able to extend backward to put more distance between myself and the monitor.

Why dual-arm? I plan on mounting a bracket that connects both arms together and also mount a 100x100 mount in the center of that bracket. The monitor mounts to the center bracket, but the dual arms share the weight load, therefore doubling the individual weight capacity. Seems logical at first thought at 2am, but I will think it out the next few days.

Back