Recommend a 20-22" monitor

I'm having trouble finding a monitor for my shop workstation. Currently I have a Lenovo 14" laptop in the top of a Harbor Freight 5 drawer cart. We're starting to migrate to a digital work management system and as a shift foreman, my screen time is going to increase.

I'm going to use the standard VESA mounting bolts to attach the monitor to the lid of my cart so that it can still be closed and secured when the need arises. I try to keep it closed when I'm not here as we are a seed company and the dust is terrible as you can imagine.

Here's my list of requirements:

• 20-22" max due to space constraints
  • HDMI feed
  • wiring connections must be oriented vertically to allow it to be bolted flat against the lid of my cart
  • thin as practical
  • don't want to drop a fortune on it-ie. like to stay in the $100-200 range
  • mounting bolt holes flush with back of monitor-some with clip on stands are recessed and I'm not sure it will work well for my application
I tried a View Sonic that based on Amazon photos fit the bill, however, the wiring connections came straight in the back of the monitor and therefore it couldn't be mounted flat to the lid of my cart.

Quick amazon search has this as the cheapest IPS with all your needs. I don't recommend anything other than an IPS display for your application and budget.

You'd be surprised what you can get at Goodwill or marketplace, though.
For some reason I missed that one in my countless hours of Amazon searching. I will look into it. Thanks

In their video it shows the hdmi straight out the back. Is that accurate? who knows.

This one shows a pic that seems what you want.

Flush mount vesa holes with down cabling.
1707665951656.jpg

It is an MVA panel

Last edited:
No, I actually ordered that one based on that exact pic. The back is curved with the connectors straight out of the back. I sent it back.
did they send you the right monitor?

VS2247​

here is the pic from the manufacturer.
1707678927803.jpg

Back