Help me choose clutch for 1995 Dodge Colt 1.5l.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my clutch was wearing down to almost nothing, so I had it replaced with an LuK clutch. The LuK clutch is very heavy and stiff, which really takes away from the fun of driving.
so i emailed clutchcityonline and they said the Exedy clutch is an OEM equivalent. Does anyone know whether the Exedy will work like original equipment? I really like the easy supple action of the original. Apparently my car uses a clutch cable - I imagine if it were hydraulic I wouldn't be having this problem. Thanks very kindly.

I took said car to Mr. T. transmission shop. they told me it's just my legs. since i'm fairly sedentary in my job, and my car is 13 years old, the springs in the clutch gradually get weaker, at the same rate as my legs gradually get weaker. they install LuK clutches all the time, and the one I bought is the OEM spec, so the recommendation is for me to periodically climb stairs while on break at work, get a stair climber exercise machine, and not to worry, my clutch is fine. the owner took said car out for drive, and while the clutch is not especially light at all, he said it seemed fine for him.

Hydraulic or cable won't change the feel.
In other words, it could go either way.

But it makes sense that as the springs lost tension, you got used to them, and the new clutch feels harder to push.
Get a mental image that the harder clutch is much better - this psychological advantage along with simply getting used to it will bring back the joy.

I installed an Exedy stage 1 clutch in my 99 civic si along with an ACT 12.5 lb flywheel and the pedal was only slightly stiffer than stock. I was very pleased with the performance of the clutch and would use them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back