What's a fair price... 1995 Lexus LS400

The Aurora guy never got back to me, so today I'm taking a little afternoon drive to take a look at a 2005 Lincoln LS Sport with the V8. He says it needs front hubs, which come with the car. He seems like he's ready to sell, so I'll see if I can't make a deal on it if it's in nice enough shape.

That's another one of the car's I've always wanted, they're either too expensive or totally used up, not much in between.
IMO you would be far better off buying the LS400 for $1500 then buying either the LS or the Aurora.

One of the most important lessons I learned (the hard way) when I was doing classic Corvettes was, "a cheap Corvette might be the most expensive car you ever bought."
The corollary is, "start with the best car you can."
To do what I did to this car today would be.... I don't wanna think about it.

68 shiny.jpg

Late to this thread, but your offer was on the high side of sane.

You found 25 things wrong in a 10 minute walk-around, imagine how many more gremlins you find once you tear into it?

Leave it for some hood rat who wants to impress the girl down at the rent-a-rim store.

This comes down to, "who's the fool in this transaction?" The guy selling it already "knows cars" and may be a butcher. You don't want his leftovers.

Don't ever worry about insulting someone, the worst that can happen is you won't get the car. And if you hadn't gone and looked at it that day, you wouldn't have either. If you're actually trying to get it, whip the money out in person after your hemming and hawing, say it's not exactly what you're looking for, but you can do $800. Then if you don't get it, it's not your fault for not pursuing it-- it just wasn't meant to be.

Back