Help finding Cleanable Drop in Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had zero luck finding a drop in replacement filter for my 2008 Altima 2.5S (4 Cylinder). I don't want anything to do with K&N because of the high silicone samples and dirty oil. It seems that all the other brands don't make a filter for the 4 cylinder in 2008, only the 6 cylinder. I don't want a cone filter because it's my wife's car and she'll have a total fit if it makes any noise.

Does anyone have a list of washable high flow filter companies? I've already tried AFE, AEM, Outlaw, Volant (not cleanable), Amsoil, and Synwash. I can't find a synwash dealer so I don't know if they make a filter for my car. The stock replacement Part # is 49057.

I wonder if a "cleanable" filter of any sort will inherently produce issues akin to K&N. There has to be some sort of an intermediate that can be applied and easily removed, using the media more as a "support" and less as the basis on which to build a filter cake.

Your concept for a serviceable filter with superior properties may be a non-starter.

And I assume since youve checked Amsoil, you cannot get an EAA filter? I don't think it is serviceable, but rather a darn good filter with a very high holding capacity prior to high pressure drop.

What's wrong with the oem filter? I prefer to get 'em dirty and just throw 'em away. Not convinced you can really "clean" a filter.

For most cars, the OEM paper filters are the best in term of filtering. Most washable filters are not good in keeping the dust out of the engine.
If you want cleanable filter, the only one I would use is AFE Pro-Dry if they have it for your car.

filters are expensive. I live in an area that has a lot of road construction, so the filter is always clogging up. I want to clean it much more often than 12K miles as suggested normally.

Wrap around the air filter with a cut pentyhose and replace it every 2-3k miles, also tap the air filter lightly on hard floor to remove dusts and sands and/or vacuum the filter.

Have you checked for a complete cold air intake system. Amsoil is now offering over 150 different types of the Ingen/Amsoil systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back