Help! 454 OMG. Talk about a catastrophic event. This one is going blow your minds. i removed oil filter sandwich adapter...

My mind is blown!! Why didnt someone mention checking the gauge???
Melted capillary tube on header.

Problem found!!!!

so happy i didnt pull motor.

thanks everyone.

Update:
Thanks everyone. Solved my oiling issue. Really feel stupid in my old age. Anyway im posting this picture i found in a book from 1986 by bill fisher. Maybe it will help the next guy with a similar curiousity.

Attachments

• 73ADA1F6-3FD8-4EF3-9D6B-D2BB4D5B6F71.jpeg
    73ADA1F6-3FD8-4EF3-9D6B-D2BB4D5B6F71.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 44
Its funny. Got to laugh or go crazy. , since my stroke things have really been challenging. I cant remember so many things I used to know. Had to give up so much. This car is all I got left to be proud of. If my kids ever thought it was a money pit, they would take it away. I would have lost it for sure if i had to pull motor. Cant drive it. But its nice to talk about with the guys.

Its funny. Got to laugh or go crazy. , since my stroke things have really been challenging. I cant remember so many things I used to know. Had to give up so much. This car is all I got left to be proud of. If my kids ever thought it was a money pit, they would take it away. I would have lost it for sure if i had to pull motor. Cant drive it. But its nice to talk about with the guys.

I'm glad you explained because I was thinking we were being punked.

There are a few things that don't make sense, but I won't belabor them if you got her running with oil pressure. If you can't drive it, I hope someone will at least take you for a ride in it.

Back