Hebron, KY -- why so many parts/auctions?

D60

I've noticed a lot of cheap Chinese parts shipped out of Ontario, California. Being relatively close to the coast, this makes sense to me.

But I also see a ton of ebay auctions for new, Chinese parts shipped from Hebron KY. I see it's close to Cinci, but still.....not really close to a shipping port.

Anyone know why KY is shipping out gobs of cheap parts?? The inland location just confuses me.

Likely because of the Cincinnati-Northern KY airport.
this, plus, this:
hebronky.jpg

Alright thanks guys, I guess it kinda makes sense now. Still seems like being within spitting distance of ocean containers makes more sense, but they're making it work somehow

things enter the US in all sorts of odd places...
I recently ordered a T-shirt from Australian YouTubers...
following the tracking... it went through US Customs in....Chicago...( I assume that's where it entered the Country)

Reactions: D60
CVG is the fourth largest cargo hub in the U.S. and Atlas, DHL, Amazon, Fed Ex, ABX, Polar, and Kalitta all fly out of there and there are huge warehouses all over the area. I live in the blue dot right in the flight path and I hear it all day long. On Black Friday I was working outside and had over a dozen 747's fly over in less than two hours. Here is a snapshot of whats flying out of here right now and only one of these is carrying people, the rest are all 767's flying cargo. Five minutes from now I can refresh this and there will be 5-6 different planes, mostly cargo. Its kind of nice being this close, my wife has ordered stuff off Amazon and one or two hours later its sitting on our front porch. So seeing your stuff shipping from Hebron is no surprise, to me at least.
cvg.jpg
cargo.jpg

Back in the day, I use to sell a bit of specialized, rare or one off Snap On tools on Ebay and had a lot of Japanese and some Chinese buyers. All the customs forwarding shipping companies I would ship these items to were in Hebron, KY.

Reactions: D60
Back