Have you lost any interest in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No interest whatsoever in football, basketball, or baseball. I caught a few minutes of a game over the weekend when I turned a TV on briefly. I could hear the sound of tens of thousands of fans cheering... a quick pan of the stands that are empty... so it's a phony, dubbed in sound... very fitting, I'd say.

Just about the only professional sport I'll make an effort to watch is MotoGP.

Was losing interest already with all the cockiness … and then …
Well, at least wasting time here is educational and can (insert Gallery Furniture chant,Jim_McIngvale)

Love my 9ers. Was at 4 games last year, in a luxury box because my wife was invited by 2 big Silicon Valley companies trying to earn her company's business.
This year we suck. Injuries are part of the game. We need a quaterback.
The Raiders have now left Oakland twice. Hard to keep following them, but after all, this is just a business.
It's all about the Benjamins.
I like the Seahawks. The whole NFC West is tight!

I stopped watching long ago (probably 10 years now). The players are way overpaid, the officials are worse than most I've seen at middle school games, and the ticket prices are just outrageous.

And the venues they play in are often built with public funds(local taxes) plus they’re laden with advertising. Seems like a ticket should be nominal.

First, free speech and right to peacefully protest are enshrined in the constitution, I am unwilling to give up either.

Second, the Chiefs finally have a team. Something to watch after years of drought.

Rod
Nobody is advocating giving up those rights, but before or during a game is not the right time or place for protesting...

Huge Steelers fan here. I still don't understand why people get worked up about a 22 year old millionaires opinion. If they want to raise a fist, kneel, whatever, I don't care. We are 9-0, gonna get Ben that 3rd ring and then let him ride off into the sunset.

I watch way less NFL now than I did in the past. Every Sunday used to be all football from noon till bedtime, now I only watch if the Steelers are on.

Don't care for any professional sports, never watch it. Its all bread and circuses.

I do like to watch womens college fast pitch softball.

As Robert Heinlein said;

" The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance."

First, free speech and right to peacefully protest are enshrined in the constitution, I am unwilling to give up either.

Second, the Chiefs finally have a team. Something to watch after years of drought.

Rod

I don't pretend to know what you do for a living or if you're your own boss, if you have one, would they support your free speech on company time based upon your constitutional right? I'd be impressed if he/she did.

Big sports family here. I let my kids make informed decisions. After the Celtics lost in the playoffs my kids (14, 12, 9) dropped interest in the remaining basketball games. I'll leave the politics out of it. If you watched you know the preaching too that was conducted. I myself will never go to another NBA game for my lifetime. I'll watch a few. Love my Celtics since a kid and I like to watch James Harden carry Houston.

Still avid baseball and football fan. Not abandoning yet! Football Sunday is a big family event for me and my children. That's what it's all about. We cook and relax. Homework gets done, games get watched, etc... We usually go to 2 or 3 games a year. Last December was our last due to COVID. Took the kids to New Orleans for a Saints v 49er game December 19. 49er Winning kick was over our heads. Great 4 days in NO! Those memories last a lifetime.

... The days of football just being a sporting event that was there to take us away from all of the not-so-pleasant things going on in the world for a few hours on Sunday are gone....

Spot on. NFL Football (and all the associated periphery) has become one of the not-so-pleasant things.

Not to mention that the quarantine etc have blunted my enthusiasm for most sports

I stopped watching when baseball went on strike wayyy back. The other reason lies in the term "My Team" ...why are they "Your Team"? did they go to "your school"? did they live in "your neighborhood"? 99.9% answer is no ...they came from many other places to make lots of money and really you're just there to pay them. All their whining and crying about the work they must do to get the money flies in the face of hard working people struggling to get a fraction of that and don't complain about it at all. ...maybe they'll be able to sell their skillz in a new CHFL

I used to watch it every chance I got in my teenage years. Then I lost interest after HS. I lost interest further when I was in the army. For a many years, I would just watch the Super Bowl mostly for the commercials. The past few years though, I don't even watch that. I've even lost interest in college ball.

Have very little interest in the NFL or the NBA. NBL yes and always have been, and expect always will be, a diehard NHL fan. Will watch the NCAA come March.

Never had an interest in the NFL or any professional sports.
The amount of money wasted on these athletes and stadiums is ridiculous (with a lot of the stadium cost being footed by the taxpayer, yet the owners of the teams get all the money from it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back