Have you lost any interest in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be an avid NFL watcher, but this year I find myself being less interested, and as a result, I watch far less football. It doesn't help that my team basically no longer exists (the former Redskins), but that isn't the only reason. The fact that stadiums are empty, or almost empty, and the kneeling stuff have all taken a toll. The days of football just being a sporting event that was there to take us away from all of the not-so-pleasant things going on in the world for a few hours on Sunday are gone. For those of you who have never been a watcher, no need for you to respond. I want to hear from the people who used to be, or still are avid fans....

I just go and actually play sports with some friends if I want to have it in my life. Watching it has never made sense.

This thread will trigger all the I'll never watch them again folks. They still need to tell anyone that will listen that.

I still watch. My EAGLES stink so that makes me less interested. Wife has found sports betting and bets all the games. She bases it on the QB's dateable personality. She does quite well. LOL

I watch the Packers play, and I'll follow the players on my fantasy football team. Not much has changed for me.

I have been a Packer fan my hole life. And I watch them on TV as much as possible. My only issue is because my hearing has issues . They keep playing sound of fans that are not there and it disrupts the broadcasters voice.

I got bored of football before all the things we cant mention here happened. I simply grew bored of it. My wife was born and raised in Brooklyn and is a Giants fan but she doesn't exactly watch them play on TV.

I played sports all my life and was always a huge sports fan. I don't care about sports anymore other than certain UFC fights.

I’ll be honest. I stopped watching because of the thing we shall not discuss.

However, I wanna say how much my life improved not being parked in front of a tv all Sunday. My wife and I spend more time “exploring” on sundays. We’ve found new restaurants. We’ve spent more time with friends and family.

sure, I check the scores but I don’t see myself going back.

I used to watch maybe a game or two a year but haven’t this year and probably won’t ever again. It’s too many things happening in it this year and everything so it’s a no for me. I’ll continue to watch baseball but no more football it wasn’t that interesting anyway just done it because my dad wanted me to watch it with him.

I stopped watching long ago (probably 10 years now). The players are way overpaid, the officials are worse than most I've seen at middle school games, and the ticket prices are just outrageous. Now they have political ideas they think I care about? Go play the game we pay you for, nobody cares about your thoughts and feelings. If I did that at my job I'd be fired for sure.

Basically I left long ago, but they haven't given me a reason to want to come back. My biggest laugh was when they came out with the domestic violence stuff and how we as men should be mindful of it, like really??? Your team is made up of felons and people with known domestic abuse history but you want to preach to us? Give me a break. :ROFLMAO:

I watched football for a few seasons in the early 90's when the Bills were good. Now that the Bills appear to be pretty good again, I've rediscovered some interest. But don't stand between me and the TV in July when the TdF is on or you might get hurt!

Much more interest this year because I have to stay inside more.
Tony Romo is an awesome announcer, he makes it a pleasure to watch.

The whole kneeling thing was way overblown.

Cleveland fan here. I watch less than I ever had, it's ironic they are having the best season (record wise) in 20+ years but they still get whooped by the steelers and ravens. I just know how every season ends usually. I have been trying to focus on hobbies and kids more.

Ever since the NFL did St Louis dirty, I don't really watch.

I can count on one hand the number of games watched since the Ram's move debacle.

Probably should have got the hint when the Cardinals moved to AZ years ago.

The only way I'd want a team in STL today is if we got a deal similar to how the Packers are owned by the people.

I used to be an avid NFL watcher, but this year I find myself being less interested, and as a result, I watch far less football. It doesn't help that my team basically no longer exists (the former Redskins), but that isn't the only reason. The fact that stadiums are empty, or almost empty, and the kneeling stuff have all taken a toll. The days of football just being a sporting event that was there to take us away from all of the not-so-pleasant things going on in the world for a few hours on Sunday are gone. For those of you who have never been a watcher, no need for you to respond. I want to hear from the people who used to be, or still are avid fans....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back