Hastings vs Federated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried the search function and didn't find this as a previous topic.

Went into my local autoparts store to buy some Hastings filters. For the first time, they offered Federated oil filters because "they are made by Hastings and are the same, and I would save a lot of money. They brought one of each out and visually and physically I could discern no difference.

Does anyone know for a fact that the Federated filters are identical to Hastings in every way except the label? There are claims out there that Hastings manufactures Federated oil filters to the "same strict standards", but that does not mean that they are made to the Hastings design and specified materials. Thoughts?

Thanks

Buy the two cheapest for the same application and cut 'em open.

BTW, Welcome!

Last edited:
That will answer some questions, but it is very hard to assess the important quality of the media that way. If you can find the efficiency and beta ratio, they tell you more about the media.

I deal with a Federated store, and I find that many of their filters ARE made by Hastings. As you may know, in many instances there are a small number of manufacturers and they brand their products for their customers. Think car batteries. There are only 3 actual manufacturers, and how many brands. Same with filters.

Originally Posted By: Paul2007
Think car batteries. There are only 3 actual manufacturers, and how many brands. Same with filters.

With filters it's not that bad. I'd bet there are way more than just 3 filter manufacturers in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back