Discovered a new-in-box Hastings LF 113

It was purchased in 2016.
The cross-reference tool on wixfilters.com revealed it fits the 2001 Subaru Forester 2.5 my friends had 4 vehicles ago.
There are many smaller automotive and equipment engine applications for this small filter.

It was only during this search that I saw the stories pertaining to Hastings' parent company being bought up and Hastings being eliminated.

You might laugh but I used to bring Hastings filters to my friends in Scandinavia when I was a young traveler. Do I know how to gift or what!
I feel tremendous loss and emptiness.

Last edited:
It was purchased in 2016.
The cross-reference tool on wixfilters.com revealed it fits the 2001 Subaru Forester 2.5 my friends had 4 vehicles ago.
There are many smaller automotive and equipment engine applications for this small filter.

It was only during this search that I saw the stories pertaining to Hastings' parent company being bought up and Hastings being eliminated.

You might laugh but I used to bring Hastings filters to my friends in Scandinavia when I was a young traveler. Do I know how to gift or what!
I feel tremendous loss and emptiness.

yeah, it used to be Baldwin, Hastings and Clevite... Clevite being their economy brand..

Back