Has anyone used ACDelco brand cartridge oil filters?

I do oil changes for some friends who own Toyota and Lexus SUV's that take cartridge oil filters. They are generally a pain in the butt, but I have an opportunity to buy a case of the ACDelco PF2259 filters for $2.50 each. I believe they are made by Champion Labs and are definitely USA made, as printed on the carton. For 5,000 to 7,500 mile change intervals, what could be bad about them? Has anyone used any other ACDelco branded cartridge filters?

I've been using the PF457 in my Cobalt for the past sixteen years.... Interrupted only occasionally by a few Pure Ones (back in the days when Pep Boys gave out good coupons). No complaints here; the filters haven't changed at all in all those years although they've been getting expensive lately. They're made by Hengst in South Carolina.

Mahle makes good cartridge filters for those Toyotas :)

I don't like buying oil filters in bulk for common applications, unless they're going to be used quickly. All the other ACDelco users that replied have GM cars, where ACD is actually OEM.

Ac Delco is a solid brand, the most important thing is keeping clean oil & a new filter in your ride when it's time to change it out.

PF2129 on the last two Cadillacs (1st Gen SRX and 2nd Gen CTS) since 2012 without issues...I viewed the cartridge filters offered at Walmart (Mobil 1, K&N and Fram middle grade) and found they appeared to be exactly the same as the ACD offering...

Bill

I picked up a lot of Fram Ultra cartridges for it, I may switch to that one once I run out of Fram Ultra cartridges.

Purflux was the original OE supplier when that Ecotec first came out. Those squiggly chevron pleats are awesome. After some time, GM switched suppliers, and the OEM is now the Hengst E630H. However, Purflux still makes their Ecotec cartridge :)

Purflux was the original OE supplier when that Ecotec first came out. Those squiggly chevron pleats are awesome. After some time, GM switched suppliers, and the OEM is now the Hengst E630H. However, Purflux still makes their Ecotec cartridge :)
I knew about that, if I knew consistently that I'd get a Hengst made cartridge I'd probably buy the Delco, but it seems that now they mostly just use Champion as the supplier and the only way you know you'll get a Hengst is if you buy a whole new Cap and filter assembly.

THREAD UPDATE: I ordered what was listed as a "Durapack pack of 12" of these ACDelco filters on eBay. The seller, partshawk, who has been an eBay seller for 6 years, sends me a SINGLE filter for $29.99 plus tax. So I start the laborious return process and expect eBay to honor it's refund guarantee. One of those things that grinds your gears.

THREAD UPDATE: I ordered what was listed as a "Durapack pack of 12" of these ACDelco filters on eBay. The seller, partshawk, who has been an eBay seller for 6 years, sends me a SINGLE filter for $29.99 plus tax. So I start the laborious return process and expect eBay to honor it's refund guarantee. One of those things that grinds your gears.
eBay should also slap him too for dishonest advertising and selling. I'd make a formal complaint to eBay about it.

Back