Has anyone tried Frog Lube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people on another gun board were praising Frog Lube as a cleaner, lubricator, and protectant (CLP). It costs a lot: $15 for 4oz. Their MSDS shows absolutely nothing.

When I talked to the tech's at SIG, they were in love with the stuff. I have not tried it yet. Let me know how it goes if you do get some.

I asked for an MSDS and they were more than happy to give me one. That is a big plus to me, though I have never used it.

I actually have some of it. Bought the kit (paste and liquid). I've put it on a few of my guns and so far it seems to work pretty well. It seems like some type of plant fat that smells like mint. When it heats up it becomes liquid (I am guessing around 120F) otherwise it is more like a paste at room temp.

It has a particular "seasoning" instruction where you are supposed to heat up the gun in the sun or with a hair dryer first and apply the lube. But that is only upon the first one or two cleanings.

I did the initial seasoning and the froglube paste liquified with it hit the warm metal. After it cooled it "set up" back into a paste form.

As per instructions, I wiped it with a microfiber towel (included in the kit I got but it is just a cheapo Costco yellow microfiber towel). After wiping it down the metal appears to have a wax like coating.

The slide cycles normal, nothing revolutionary. Not seeing the dramatic difference other people are talking about, but I am using it on plastic guns right now. Don't have the courage to test it out on a metal framed Sig yet.

After firing, a quick wipe down with a micro fiber towel and some q-tips and the gun cleans up easy. I would say this is the strength of the product. Cleanup is quick, efficient, and non toxic (but I still wear nitrile gloves because the stuff on the gun is still toxic - why doesn't anyone understand this?).

I would like to see some testing on it to see how well it works under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back