Has anyone picked a different oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone picked a different oil and/or oil change interval after becomming a member of the BITOG family?
cheers.gif

I was using Red Line, before BITOG, tried M1 0w-40 and ditched it, went back to RL,, and in one car, a V8 4Runner have switched to GC 0w-30. My intervals were and still are 5k miles.
patriot.gif

Yes. Before BITOG I never would have used Havoline. But I've used Havoline for a couple Auto-RX treatments.

I also doubt that I ever would have tried Castrol High Mileage in my wifes Jeep. However the last UOA was impressive, and I just may stick with it.

I've never been afraid of long intervals though.

Yup. Switched from Mobil-1 to Esso XD-3 0W-30. Purely motivated by cost ($8/L at Wal-Mart, compared to $4/L for XD-3 synth).

I went from Valvoline to Castrol, Then back to Valvoline, then to Mobil clean 5000. Then I found BITOG and after reading several testimonials I switched and will stay with Havoline 5w30. Thanks to you all.
worshippy.gif
bowdown.gif

I went from M1 to castrol syntec in my focus and from m1 to PP in my altima. Won't ever use m1 again. Tried one OCI of GC and 3 oci's of Synpower. I may use synpower again.

Yes, I now use Pennzoil (dino and Platinum), purchased on sale of course thanks to the "Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions" section.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by LarryL:
Has anyone picked a different oil and/or oil change interval after becomming a member of the BITOG family?
cheers.gif

I was using Red Line, before BITOG, tried M1 0w-40 and ditched it, went back to RL,, and in one car, a V8 4Runner have switched to GC 0w-30. My intervals were and still are 5k miles.
patriot.gif

Redline before now Amsoil Series 3000K.

I went from using Valvoline and Fram filters
dunno.gif
to Havoline and Wix filters. I will price Napa Gold filter since they are more convenient to buy in my town.

I recently bought two new vehicles. My 2005 Toyota Sienna has 8,500 miles on it atm. I changed the factory fill at 4K miles, and the second at 8K miles. Toyota recomends 5K OCI's. My next oil change I will try Penzoil Platinum 5w30 and follow the 5K OCI's. This vehicle makes frequent short trips in Wisconsin winters so I am looking for added protection that hopefully the PP will offer.

My 2006 Civic has 1,000 miles on it. I will use Havoline 5w20 with frequent OCI's, and then use PP 5w20 and follow the OLM at around 10,000 miles.

I never thought I would look for motor oil sales on a daily basis. Now I am obssessed with stock piling PP for less than $3/qt
banghead.gif

everyone have a safe holiday!
patriot.gif

Tried Castrol SLX Longtec (GC) in my '96 Audi S6 2.2 TQ. It's going to get ARX treatment, starting next week.

yup, chevron supreme and havoline I now respect and buy.

Chevron was off the list b/c they had no gas stations in the northeast, and figured they put in a low bid to get on walmart's shelf.

Havoline I previously skipped, b/c I thought the name was a ripoff of "Valvoline", and I mostly saw Havoline at Family Dollar, home of knockoff merchandise.
dunno.gif

I don't buy Coastal anymore, I used to would have if it were cheap enough, since the "mixup" where they bottled 10w30 as 5w30.

Used to use a lot Kendall GT-1 products, had good luck with them and was my 1st choice on my older cars. My new cars usually were done with whatever I found on sale at Murray's or Kmart, but were 1st class, Castrol GTX, Shell Fire and Ice, Sunoco Ultra(anybody remember?), etc.

Well Kendall GT-1 as we know it is history except for BradPenn, that is rare up here, which I may use if Mobil's new 5-40 is too elusive and expensive. I was using whatever Namebrand 20w-50 oil I found on sale. I had too many cars that would sit for long periods rather than one racking up miles on commutes to work etc.

I wouldn't have considered the HDEO's as oils for my cars that were kept and driven sparingly. I thought 15w-40 was too light! So HDEO's in dino and syn, were a discovery for me here at BITOG.
cheers.gif

[ July 01, 2006, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: pastmaster ]

Yes, used to always use Castrol products almost exclusively. From BITOG, have new found respect for the lower priced but good quality petroleum company products like Exxon Superflo, Chevron Supreme and Delo, Citgo Superguard, and Formula Shell. I have used all of these with excellent results now. Without BITOG, I probably would never have tried any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back