Had a blowout..

At least the spare had enough air in it. Many people never check them, and they usually loose about 5 PSI per year.

I checked all the tires right after I bough my 2016 CR-V in February of 2020. The spare is full diameter, but skinnier than the tires on the vehicle and is supposed to have 60 PSI in it. It had 24, and I had bought it from a Honda dealer and it was a certified used vehicle. Of course I put it up to 60.

Reactions: JTK
Glad to hear you're okay and only 15 minutes late, impressive! I know the area where it happened as I used to pass through there often before March.

Reactions: JTK
I had a 3/8" carriage bolt go head first into a tire many years ago, sounded like a gun shot. Needless to say the tire was junk.

My parents ran over a brake shoe (they think from an 18 wheeler) and took out their transmission pan.

Wow I’ve never seen something like that get stuck in a tire. Fortunately for me I’ve never had to change a tire next to the road but I’m sure I might have too eventually. Or just be like my dad and drive until it destroys the rim 😂. The bad part is the spare of my truck is 32 years old never been used or taken off or had air put in it so I might need to check that sometime. I have plenty of sockets and extensions in my truck but not a breaker bar so I might need to get one to put in there too. The only time I have one in there is if I’m going to work on something.

Drive enough miles in a tractor trailer and you'd be amazed at what all you can pick up in a tire. This is one of mine a while back.

Attachments

• 20160305_084802.jpg
    20160305_084802.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20160305_094127_001.jpg
    20160305_094127_001.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 53
I picked up a T-bone in a rear tire from a steak back in high school. Fortunately I was just moving my car over to the auto shop, so I was able to fix it myself. That was a long time ago.

The only blowout I have ever had was on a flat bed trailer I was towing on Hwy 80 across the salt flats in Utah. The trailer felt like it was hit by an RPG. There was rubber shrapnel flying everywhere, the car behind me had to take evasive action. There wasn't a single piece of tire left on the rim. Good old made in China trailer tire.

Hitch pin, that’s pretty big!

My brother a couple years bought a car hauler trailer and fixed it up. He took the wheels to a tire shop and got new tires put on, he mounted them and the fire time he pulled the trailer he got a 8”-10” steel stake through one of tires. Brand spanking new. But somehow Discount Tire patched it.

My youngest son's 1st car was an 80's Blazer. Coming home he picked up a LUG WRENCH in his passenger front tire. It rotated into the floor where it hung up! Would have hated to been sitting there...........
Another guy that I worked with was driving his Chevy Luv and hit a cat. It wadded up in the passenger wheel well, yanked the steering wheel out of his hand and went to the shoulder where an 18 wheeler was parked. Almost killed him.

Back