Grit/Dirt in Lubegard Red ?

Ordered some Lubegard Red a few months back and got around to using it today. I poured the product and then started seeing something glinting in the fluid and stopped. Poured it out into a empty water-bottle and this was sitting on the bottom and the walls (images attached). I called customer support and emailed them these exact photos earlier today and hoping to hear back. Hopefully it was not a counterfeit product (amazon has fake spark plugs, timing belt kits, etc).

Has anyone seen this before or have any insights? I know with engine oils for example, the additive pack can fall "out of suspension" and needs to be shaken well before use, but these flakes seemed pretty large. Is there a shelf life to this product to where it could have been in a warehouse for over year degrading?
Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 2.10.45 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 2.10.22 PM.jpg

Years ago I saw it LG red bottles that sat for a long time. It is probably additive fallout. Was the seal on the bottle intact? I have a habit of shaking everything now, so I don't see things like that anymore. ;)

Every bottle of LG Red I've ever used does this. I just make it a point to shake it up before pouring.

Yes, completely normal. In oil bottles/jugs often, also. Nothing to do with Lubegard in particular.

I did not shake the bottle a lot, just a simple upside down and right side back up before opening and pouring. I've seen with some very oil amsoil/redline trans fluid having little balls in it ruining a transmission a few years ago so I always try to look at the fluid going in is clean and not contaminated. These seemed pretty large and wouldn't they just get caught by the trans filter? I've used shudder fix on a minivan before and lubegard red but never have seen the flakes. Its good to know that you guys think it's normal, have been worried about needing to order a new trans filter and do a flush again.

Back