ATF additive lubegard red has anti shudder in it, or do i need to buy both?

I put some of this lubegard red in my tranny, and I also see this anti shudder stuff from the same company. Now I dont even know what a shudder is specifically because it seems like people use it as a general term for bad shifting. Anyways if i have lubegard in do I not need to put the shudder in, or is the shudder a totally different thing? Transmission is giving me some kind of unsmooth shifting and sometime seems like its about to not shift but then does. Like a slight hesitation.

Also for some reason the tranny shifts perfecty EVERY OTHER ACCELERATION FROM A DEAD STOP. Its really weird. perfect shifting from a dead stop, then bad shifting from a dead stop every other time good bad good bad good bad, and its not a coincidence its literally doing it every single time every other time.

The lubegard red is about the only tranny additive that actually works. It will relieve mild shudder cases. More severe ones, and its better to use the shudder formula. Best way I can describe a shudder, is when the tranny starts out, or shifts gears, and the car 'shakes', sort of like a clutch being engaged and disengaged many times very rapidly. It almost sounds like your shift is 'flaring', or a delayed shift, and usually is either clutch bands or solenoids.

The lubegard red is about the only tranny additive that actually works. It will relieve mild shudder cases. More severe ones, and its better to use the shudder formula. Best way I can describe a shudder, is when the tranny starts out, or shifts gears, and the car 'shakes', sort of like a clutch being engaged and disengaged many times very rapidly. It almost sounds like your shift is 'flaring', or a delayed shift, and usually is either clutch bands or solenoids.
Can this anti shudder help with just poor shifting in general? My car seems like its about to not shift in to gear when going from 1st to second . Like it has like a slight hesitation then shifts in. Also it has just what I would call a just a general rough shift like feels unsmooth, or hard. Can it help this stuff or is it just shudder. From what your describing I dont think I have shudder, just roughness and hesistation. For some reason these issues only happne EVERY OTHER acceleration from a dead stop. Its so weird. Good then bad good then bad good then bad never good twice or bad twice just every other.

I like lubeguard products, but I think the question is if you still have shudder after putting in say 50% of the recommended dose? if yes, then Id add the correct stuff.

I put some of this lubegard red in my tranny, and I also see this anti shudder stuff from the same company. Now I dont even know what a shudder is specifically because it seems like people use it as a general term for bad shifting. Anyways if i have lubegard in do I not need to put the shudder in, or is the shudder a totally different thing? Transmission is giving me some kind of unsmooth shifting and sometime seems like its about to not shift but then does. Like a slight hesitation.

Also for some reason the tranny shifts perfecty EVERY OTHER ACCELERATION FROM A DEAD STOP. Its really weird. perfect shifting from a dead stop, then bad shifting from a dead stop every other time good bad good bad good bad, and its not a coincidence its literally doing it every single time every other time.
So is it like it wants to upshift then it's delayed until it revs a little higher, that sounds like flaring, lubegard red can help clean some deposits from the valve body and solenoids, torque converter, etc, that may be causing poor power transmission that requires the car to rev a little higher to build enough pressure to apply the clutches for the next gear, are you adding this to fresh fluid? or are you possibly a little overdue for a fluid change out?

Rough and delayed 1-2 shifts can also be cause by a bad seal in 1-2 accumulator or a cracked plastic accumulator piston or similar depending on what transmission we're talking about.

So is it like it wants to upshift then it's delayed until it revs a little higher, that sounds like flaring, lubegard red can help clean some deposits from the valve body and solenoids, torque converter, etc, that may be causing poor power transmission that requires the car to rev a little higher to build enough pressure to apply the clutches for the next gear, are you adding this to fresh fluid? or are you possibly a little overdue for a fluid change out?

Rough and delayed 1-2 shifts can also be cause by a bad seal in 1-2 accumulator or a cracked plastic accumulator piston or similar depengind on what transmission we're talking about.
I dont think it flares it just seems like from 2nd to 3rd it has kind of a slight hold then goes but dont think anything flares when it does it, it just does it then goes in. Feels like something is stuck and then lets loose kind of . Like if a normal shift hesitates for quarter of a second its hesistaing for like half a second then shifts in normal. No flare or anything. Other thing it does is it just kind of jerks when going into gear from 1st to 2nd then 2nd to 3rd by 3 to 4 it isnt really noticeable. Oh and it only does this EVERY other acceleration from dead stop. Will shift jerky from 1 to 2 and also 2nd to 3rd or will be jerky 1 to 2 and hesitate 2nd to 3rd. BUT it only does one of those 2 patters every other time. Like dead stop and go from 1 all the way to 4 is perfect. Then next dead stop 1 all the way to 4 is bad at each shift, then starts over being perfect, and never does 2 bad or 2 good in a row always one after the other.

Yeah, 2000 camry v6 175000 miles fluid is clean but T4 and not dex 3 I have been getting conflicting info on what to put in.

I didn't realize it was the same poster, yeah lubegard will likely not help if you have a highly friction modified transmission fluid in a transmission that specifies DEX II/III , OP needs to go get some cheap Dex/Merc and do several drain and fills until the T-IV is dilluted and no longer making the clutches slip in an unintended fashion.

I didn't realize it was the same poster, yeah lubegard will likely not help if you have a highly friction modified transmission fluid in a transmission that specifies DEX II/III , OP needs to go get some cheap Dex/Merc and do several drain and fills until the T-IV is dilluted and no longer making the clutches slip in an unintended fashion.
Yes, if the wrong fluid is installed, then Lubegard will not help. blufeb95 is spot-on.

Back