Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Wax.

Here is the thread Buster started.

I saw a thing on facecrook that they posted just 4 days ago....

Looks to be fresh off the farm :)

Seven month update.

Water still readily rolls off the horizontal surfaces. Some signs of depletion in areas subject to grime accumulation (rear fascia), and behind wheel blast. Touched those up with a fresh coat; just as easy as using a quick detailer.

While this car is garaged, and doesn't see severe duty, that's as good, if not better than 845, and a lot easier to use. Welcome to 21st Century car care.

Tougher test will be the outdoor beater, but it has not been washed yet.

This is the current condition of my car, winter sucks. There is a coat of Griot’s under that salt and I can’t wait to wash this car!

Attachments

• B0DAE34E-6EB9-453A-8DFF-B9A46EC05652.jpeg
    B0DAE34E-6EB9-453A-8DFF-B9A46EC05652.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 37
I just finished washing and waxing the CX5. Adams car shampoo, Gyeon Preserve for the trim and Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic wax for the body.

I got about five months or so durability from the last application of the Griots. The car is outside under a carport. The finish was definitely depleted as beading was minimal. The shine was still somewhat apparent.

Since we broke 60 degrees today it was perfect to do this. Also cleaned the interior with Sonax dashboard cleaner matte finish and hit the seats and other leather trim with Griots Leather Care spray.

Ten month update (yes, the previous should have said six month).

Still looking good and beading well. I've done some touch ups in areas which are subject to lots of exposure, like behind the wheels, and the horizontal surfaces like the trunk lid, but the flanks have been as I left them after the initial two-coat application.

That said, after washing the car, I was only planning to do some additional spot maintenance for insurance, but ended up applying a full single coat over the entire car. It was easy, and quick, with all of the advantages already outlined, so why not? Even if one didn't want to do the full two-coat process as suggested, more frequent refreshes are still a breeze.

These are only my subjective opinions, no formal testing. There are probably better products out there, and I'm sure there are worse, but this stuff is easy to obtain, easy to use, reasonably priced, and does the job. A keeper, as far as I'm concerned, and a genuine advance over the venerable options like a paste or liquid wax. The state of the art has advanced. (I've also seen the flip side, where that Meguiars UFF aerosol distinctly failed to live up to its claims).

When I get a new car, I might be tempted to explore, and try out the latest fad, or hot product on it, but for now, the status quo is quite good.

Back