Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Wax.

I just bought a bottle of that Griot’s 3-in-1. I’ve been happy with their AIO wax, so I had high expectations for the ceramic stuff. I like it better than Meguiar’s HCW in terms of application - so far it’s holding up well on my car that’s parked outside.

I don’t strive for a swirl-free, presentation quality detail. I just want a coat of wax that holds up. Griot’s seems to last the longest for waxes in my experience.

For me, it's been about a month, and still holding up, but I haven't washed the car. I did have to clean off a couple spots of bird poop, and it came off easily and with no etching.

But I do see a palpable difference with the wheels. I wipe them down between washes with a damp sponge, and GG has held up better than 845, which would fade relatively quickly.

For me, it's been about a month, and still holding up, but I haven't washed the car. I did have to clean off a couple spots of bird poop, and it came off easily and with no etching.

But I do see a palpable difference with the wheels. I wipe them down between washes with a damp sponge, and GG has held up better than 845, which would fade relatively quickly.

I have the same experience as you. My wheels used to get dirty pretty quickly. I used the Griots on them and they still shine despite several weeks of rain and then sun and dusty driving.

Another thing I really like about it is how well in makes the black plastic trim look. Makes products like 303 etc. that wash off in rain obsolete on exterior.

Another thing I really like about it is how well in makes the black plastic trim look. Makes products like 303 etc. that wash off in rain obsolete on exterior.

Definitely. It saves on having multiple products too.

The only thing I have noticed is that if you get overspray onto your glass it will dry and leave spots. I will assume anything else will do the same. I ran into this because I do mine outside and a light breeze caused this on my windshield. Easy to clean up though.

Two month update -- first wash, and beading power is good. Upon drying, there is even still some of the "freshly-waxed" slickness remaining one gets from running a towel over the surface.

The wheels haven't had the same type of durability, which isn't unexpected, but they still do have a level of visual pop that 845 never really imparted, or held for long. Was kinda tempted to refresh them, but want to see how long it l lasts.

Misty rain this morning. Hood looked like this when I woke up. Beading isn't everything, but interesting to look at for some idea of protection.

1F1BDCF1-7077-425F-B5D8-96EDBE0DA8AF.jpeg
7BE21423-7F76-466E-8A54-C10ADCE220D6.jpeg

So this is the same car that you waxed in August (see p. 4 of this thread)? That makes just over 10 weeks if I'm counting correctly. That is a heck of a lot of beading for a 10 week old wax/ceramic job.

Appreciate the update.

Misty rain this morning. Hood looked like this when I woke up. Beading isn't everything, but interesting to look at for some idea of protection.

Yup, layed 2 coats this weekend, one saturday and again today during the Daytona rain delay, paint looks like glass
cheers3.gif

View attachment 20815
I was inspired by Malo83's beautiful OEM paint...

I got on the Griot's 3:1 Ceramic Spray bandwagon. It worked well on our Reef Blue 2016 Volkswagen Passat SEL Premium VR6. 20k miles on the car. Paint was perfect to begin with. As an aside, car is lowered with H&R OE Sport springs and has Bilstein B6 struts/shocks, 22mm H&R rear anti-roll bar, 19x8.5 BBS SX Anthracite wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40s. My wife and I just got back from a five day, four night, 1200 mile road trip; to Lake Tahoe to Echo Lake (my wife's old stomping grounds as a young filly) to Petaluma to Bodega Bay to Los Gatos to home. 27.9 MPG for the entire trip. The Passat is an excellent road car; comfortable and capable. Dinner outside at the Bodega Bay Lodge on a PERFECT autumn evening. For those who may not know or remember, Alfred Hitchcock's movie "The Birds" was filmed in Bodega Bay. Wash and Griot's the day after our return.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_4338.jpeg
    IMG_4338.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4340.jpeg
    IMG_4340.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4341.jpeg
    IMG_4341.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4348.jpeg
    IMG_4348.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4344.jpeg
    IMG_4344.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4343.jpeg
    IMG_4343.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4345.jpeg
    IMG_4345.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4349.jpeg
    IMG_4349.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4325.jpeg
    IMG_4325.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
^^↑^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^↑^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is a amazing and beautiful blue car slo town.... Absolutely fantastic.

My current bottle of Meguiar's Wax-As-You-Dry spray is going to run out soon. I need to try this stuff on my ruby red LaCrosse. The impression I get is that you should wash the car, clay if possible, use your regular wax (I have Collinite 845 right now), then apply a first coat of GG -- then 24 hours later, a second coat? Or does the GG replace the need for the standard hand wax?

And you can use it as a WAUD product after you've done the two initial applications?

My current bottle of Meguiar's Wax-As-You-Dry spray is going to run out soon. I need to try this stuff on my ruby red LaCrosse. The impression I get is that you should wash the car, clay if possible, use your regular wax (I have Collinite 845 right now), then apply a first coat of GG -- then 24 hours later, a second coat? Or does the GG replace the need for the standard hand wax?

And you can use it as a WAUD product after you've done the two initial applications?

Skip the hand wax. After the prep go to the Griots 3in1. One coat is fine but two coats 24 hours apart and away from any rain exposure will give better results.

As for wax as you dry, Griots says no. It’s very easy to apply and spread anyway. On half a hood for example, two sprays, spread with a microfiber towel then flip to a clean side or use a separate microfiber to buff. Less than 30 seconds.

Skip the hand wax. After the prep go to the Griots 3in1. One coat is fine but two coats 24 hours apart and away from any rain exposure will give better results.

As for wax as you dry, Griots says no. It’s very easy to apply and spread anyway. On half a hood for example, two sprays, spread with a microfiber towel then flip to a clean side or use a separate microfiber to buff. Less than 30 seconds.
Okay then. A wash w/ soap, a drying with Griot's towels, then an application of the 3-in-1. Perhaps I'll stop into Autozone and see about this stuff, and some good towels. I have plenty of microfibers, but some of them are old.

I have not seen that ceramic speed shine pimtac....

That's..... Awesome... Going to look for it now.

I have not seen that ceramic speed shine pimtac....

That's..... Awesome... Going to look for it now.

I think Buster had a thread about it.

My thinking about it is that it’s a quick Detailer but with the ease of the 3 in 1, I’m not sure why one would use it? Just go over the vehicle with 3 in 1 after the wash.

I’m sure it’s a great product though.

Back