Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Wax.

I would like to try this at some point. I still have a bottle of Turtle Wax Seal N Shine and Hydro Blue Pro.

Seal N Shine by TW gets rave reviews. I need to grab a bottle or two. Advance Auto has it buy one get one 50% off right now.

Although I have half a bottle of Collinite 845 left, curiosity and an AAP sale prompted me to give this stuff a try.

845 is renown for its durability, and I've found that to be true, especially for a garaged car.

But the allure of an easy-to-use spray wax, and "ceramic" hype made it easy to try something new.

Durability is yet to be determined, but for easy application, the GG wins hands down. Simply spray on, over paint, chrome, plastic, even glass, and wipe off. It doesn't get any easier. No need to worry about white residue on black plastic, crusty accumulation in gaps and crevices, or any similar precautions needed for a traditional wax. No need to dunk the 845 in a warm water bath, or leave it in the sun to de-solidify it.

With the GG, high spots can develop if the panel is too hot and causes it to evaporate too quickly, or if too much product is used, but they can be knocked down with a damp microfiber, but those precautions aren't as severe.

Another respect in which the GG product betters the 845 is in pop. Waxes like Collinite and One Grand Blitz do sacrifice some of that for durability, and after using them for so long, it was evident.

Placebo effect, you say? I don't have a gloss meter for objective measurements, but the results on two cars, one outdoor beater with no prep, and the other with prep work do not deceive, at least subjectively.

For me, those are pluses, so even if it doesn't end up lasting a year (not expected), or even six months, the easy of application make shorter intervals less of a chore, and worth any trade off.

I am pasting my reply to another thread - I like it so far!

I finally got a chance to try Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic Wax. It was a little easier to work with than the Hybrid Solutions product, which it is applied over.

I had less streaking, and less an effort to remove in the few places where I let it get a little thick. Immediately very smooth and slick, with very good gloss.

Will have to wait and see about durability since it is applied over the HS product. I'm hoping to get to late fall for a winter application.

Ls1mike (or anyone else for that matter who has tried a ceramic wax), how long did your ceramic product last, compared to something like TW Ice or Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax? I'm under the impression that ceramic products give you fewer applications than a container of wax, but for it to work for me, I'd need to know that its lasting a lot longer.

Ls1mike (or anyone else for that matter who has tried a ceramic wax), how long did your ceramic product last, compared to something like TW Ice or Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax? I'm under the impression that ceramic products give you fewer applications than a container of wax, but for it to work for me, I'd need to know that its lasting a lot longer.

This is timely because I just came in from washing and putting on another coat of the Griots 3in1 Ceramic. I applied mine just over 3 months ago. The rinse water on today’s wash was still beading tightly. The shine was very good. My car is in a carport so it does get some exposure to the elements.

Even though I could have skipped it I went ahead and gave the CX5 another coat. So with two applications done the product in the bottle is about ¼ of a inch below the top of the label. I should easily get 2-3 years worth out of one bottle.

Sounds like it is a very long lasting product.

How does it look at 3 months, compared to waxes that you've used?

This is timely because I just came in from washing and putting on another coat of the Griots 3in1 Ceramic. I applied mine just over 3 months ago. The rinse water on today’s wash was still beading tightly. The shine was very good. My car is in a carport so it does get some exposure to the elements.

Even though I could have skipped it I went ahead and gave the CX5 another coat. So with two applications done the product in the bottle is about ¼ of a inch below the top of the label. I should easily get 2-3 years worth out of one bottle.

Sounds like it is a very long lasting product.

How does it look at 3 months, compared to waxes that you've used?

Very comparable. My Mazda is silver which is a color that is hard to really shine sometimes. I think the difference with the Griots is that they include carnauba wax as one of the three basic components, the other two being polymers and the SiO2. The carnauba will give depth to the finish which really helps with silver and white cars.

In my estimation, six months would be reasonable. As easy as it is to apply, I’m happy with that. Of course your experience will vary depending on climate etc.

Finally used up my bottle of the Megs Hybrid Ceramic and had $10 in AAP perks bucks. Looking forward to trying this on a new panel.

Finally used up my bottle of the Megs Hybrid Ceramic and had $10 in AAP perks bucks. Looking forward to trying this on a new panel.

Very comparable. My Mazda is silver which is a color that is hard to really shine sometimes. I think the difference with the Griots is that they include carnauba wax as one of the three basic components, the other two being polymers and the SiO2. The carnauba will give depth to the finish which really helps with silver and white cars.

In my estimation, six months would be reasonable. As easy as it is to apply, I’m happy with that. Of course your experience will vary depending on climate etc.

Sounds similar to TW SNS. I will try the Griots at some point. Looks good.

I ended up using the Griot's 3 in 1 today. Apex gave it a good review, so I figured why not.... Car was washed, clayed using speed clay followed by TW Ice Speed Compound (by hand). I then applied the 3 in 1. It goes on easier than TW SNS. Both seem similar but this was a easier to use. I'm all for simplicity when it comes to detailing.

IMG_8710.jpg

IMG_8713.JPG
IMG_8716.JPG
IMG_8723.JPG
IMG_8722.jpg

That turned out totally awesome buster... Good thing you cut the angle down on that one picture... Or we all would have seen just how truly rough looking you really are.... :LOL:

Totally just messing/joking with you... That job you did really was very, very impressive.

Thank you. I was surprised how reflective the dark gray was.

Both the TW SNS and Griot's are similar type products. The Griot's is definitely easier to apply. That's the biggest difference I noticed.

I have seen that Machine Gray color on the dealers lot and that is a great color that would shine up very well. It doesn’t get all the attention like Mazda’s Soul Red Crystal but it uses the same technology as far as composition and application.

I looked out at my Sonic Silver CX5 which got a coat a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the pollen is building up on the body so the shine is muted some but even then the fenders and other parts where the sun is shining on look great. I need to give it a bath.

Just found this off their website:
" Yes, Ceramic 3 in 1 can be used as a drying aid. For Maximum protection I would use it first on a dry clean vehicle and would apply two coats. After the first coat let it set up and cure for 12 to 24 hours and then apply the second coat. After that for more gloss and to extend the longevity of your base coat you can apply the Ceramic 3 in 1 as a drying aid."

Just found this off their website:
" Yes, Ceramic 3 in 1 can be used as a drying aid. For Maximum protection I would use it first on a dry clean vehicle and would apply two coats. After the first coat let it set up and cure for 12 to 24 hours and then apply the second coat. After that for more gloss and to extend the longevity of your base coat you can apply the Ceramic 3 in 1 as a drying aid."

Thats good to know. I can also say that after washing the car twice within two weeks and applying the product both times I can really see a difference in the gloss. I will try it as a drying aid the next time I wash which should be soon.

Back