Great Job Ford!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by robbobster:
On a cost issue, methinks a V6 Fusion compares to a 4-cylinder Camry.

The above article specifically indicates that the Fusion cost nearly $1,384 more.

[ May 12, 2006, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Thorn ]

Yes, and look WHO wrote this "comparo"?
Please.
The '07 Camry is much nicer - looked at them both.
The Fusion looks nice on the outside, but again, the inside is garbage.
Uninspired is being kind.
Who designs this stuff?
How are they still employed?
Let the long-term tests begin, and let the sales numbers speak.
Japan and a small number of German cars are the only ones even putting real iPod integration into their cars (and no, an AUX jack does NOT count)
And for anyone that says "so what"? I'll explain. Apple has sold over 40-million iPods. If only 25% of those are of car-buying age, then that's 10-million potential buyers.
People want them in their cars.
So easy to do, yet...

Scott

quote:

"This is a Camry?"

Is that statement in any radar range of "distinctive"
confused.gif
From my view, and with no insult to those who have purchased the (apparently) reviered Carmy, I see an appliance. I don't see a 'drivers' car ..nor a technological marvel. I see warmed over basic transportation with refinements that make it "non-cheapo" and therefore tollerable for more then a few years.

I could never long for one of these cars. That's not to say that it wouldn't be a wise choice ..just not "inspiring"
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by unDummy:
They should drive both for 100k miles and then do a comparison.

cheers.gif

I always wanted a car magazine to take into account the reliability/past reliability of a car/brand during a comparison. It doesn't happen.

Actually, they do this on occasion when they compare one of the cars in their long-term fleet with a new incoming competitor. They don't keep them around for 100K miles, but I do think they keep them in the fleet until 36K or more.

That Edmunds review is the most biased sounding piece of crap I've ever read. Talk about fawning over a vehicle, holy cow! They must have been paid by someone.

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
I see an appliance. I don't see a 'drivers' car ..nor a technological marvel. I see warmed over basic transportation with refinements that make it "non-cheapo" and therefore tollerable for more then a few years.
That's always been my view of Toyota - the automotive equivalent of oatmeal.

Good for you, I guess, but who really wants something like that EVERY DAY if you have any choice at all in the matter?

Regardless, there are apparently a lot of oatmeal lovers out there ...

I've seen one of the new Fusions up close and in person in my parking lot at work and i have to say i am impressed. The New 2007 Camry will take some getting used to. I know they are great cars, BUT that front end is a little cheesey looking. I kinda prefer the previous years camry. I think Volvo has been a positive influence on Ford, especially with the "world cars" like the Fusion.

quote:

Originally posted by Win:

quote:

Originally posted by Thorn:
the well-respected Edmunds.com

ROTFL

"well-respected" may have been a poor choice of words on my part. However, as far as car reviews go, they are as good or better than any others that I have come across.

quote:

Originally posted by Quest:
Actually, Ford Fusion's chassis is based on Volvo's design.

The Fusion's chassis is based on the Mazda6 platform and is called the CD3. You are thinking of another platform Volvo uses called D3...very different from the CD3 platform.

quote:

Originally posted by Thorn:

"well-respected" may have been a poor choice of words [/QB][/QUOTE]

OK, I retract the ROTFL. I really don't know enough about Edmunds to have a valid opinion.

quote:

Originally posted by BlownF150:

quote:

Originally posted by Quest:
Actually, Ford Fusion's chassis is based on Volvo's design.

The Fusion's chassis is based on the Mazda6 platform and is called the CD3. You are thinking of another platform Volvo uses called D3...very different from the CD3 platform.

The Ford 500 is based off the Volvo platform.

I believe the Fusion is based on a Mazda design/engineering. It's a very nice car, one that can get Ford back in the mid-size car market. It's very nice looking and the quality is better than average, or so it appears. It's a good effort. The toyota is probably a great car as usual, but as Toyota gains size, they might not be the quality leader anymore.

They couldnt get a V-6 Camry (which would still probably sticker slightly less than the Fusion) to get a fair comparison? Or is this just a setup to "get even" for the perceved bias in most of the automotive and consumer press.

quote:

Originally posted by Matt_S:
That Edmunds review is the most biased sounding piece of crap I've ever read. Talk about fawning over a vehicle, holy cow! They must have been paid by someone.

ill take a review off edmunds.com any day over a special report from The Detroit News.... look at the source people. if it were motortrend, automobile mag, etc.. then i think itd be something worth bragging about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back