Great day for me :) My garage is happening

Why Fluorescent? Most shops I've worked in during my career had Fluorescent lighting & it was terrible especially when the fixtures (Ballast & bulbs) get old. I'm running Philips Day-Brite LED 4' 5100 lumen Vapor fixtures in my shop & they blow any Florescent fixture I've ever seen out of the water, I like the Vapor type fixtures because the Diffuser clamps on & it's sealed so insects don't get in.
Thanks for the reply. I have 17 four foot units with two tubes each in my 600 square foot garage. 10 years old and no failures. The LED’s do interest me.

That's a lot of fixtures for 600 sq. ft., My shop is 1200 sq. ft. & I have 10 4' fixtures.......4 across the back, 2 down the middle & 2 on each side of the shop. Basically surrounding the 2 lifts/bays. Never saw the point of lights directly above a car/bay as it creates shadows.

Granted most of the Dungeons I've worked in were really old, But I've replaced many ballast/bulbs in fixtures to only have them last a year or two, Though I'm sure the shops were buy the cheapest crap they could!

This is by far the best lit shop I've worked in......The first pic shows where shadows can be minimized with proper placement of the fixtures as most shops/lighting schemes would produce a fairly large shadow under the car on the lift!

i9gNasu.jpg

GtRJHfu.jpg

z9V1DR1.jpg

JafRBRk.jpg

nAK0sX7.jpg

n4FLxrn.jpg

The rain here has been non-stop and it's supposed to continue for over another week :(
Really slowing things down, especially because the framers did a poor job taping the roof and it had to be redone. Anyway fixed now and foam continues.

20221206_122629.jpg

20221206_122710.jpg

BeerCan,

Congratulations on that new build! I have to admit to being envious of that man cave!

The foam insulation has to be far more efficient than batt or blown in insulation.

I’m curious: what’s your ventilation/HVAC system going to be like?

BeerCan,

Congratulations on that new build! I have to admit to being envious of that man cave!

The foam insulation has to be far more efficient than batt or blown in insulation.

I’m curious: what’s your ventilation/HVAC system going to be like?
Mini split in office area. Going g to have heat in the main space, just haven't decided what kind. No ac in big area

Very nice build. Love the spray foam and the floors and big doors. What overhead doors are you going with?

Very nice build. Love the spray foam and the floors and big doors. What overhead doors are you going with?
I forget the company name right now. I think it might be Banko but I am not 100% sure. They will be powered roll up doors.

Yep! She certainly is a beaut!

And BeerCan, you and 92Saturnsl2 will have to confer via PM to decide which one of you gets the honor of hosting the “May 2023 Midwest BITOGers Garage Warming Party!”

Back