Gotta love a free market!

I sold these as-is to this guy's wife for $125 nothing, nada, zip about 5 days back.

Dryer works 100% but the washer needed rear bearings and a seal. I seriously doubt he got the OEM parts, more like cheap Amazon ones. At least I  hope he fixed it.

I wouldn't say 13 year old appliances are lightly used but I appreciate it! 😅
I hope he gets what he's asking.

Screenshot_20230627-205110.png

Last edited:
There is no guarantee he fixed the washer. I can't tell you how many Facebook posts I have see that says "I bought this washer, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, etc., and they said it worked, but I took it home and plugged it in and it didn't. Don't buy from this seller." (Whom of course probably changed their profile to sting somebody again).

There is no guarantee he fixed the washer. I can't tell you how many Facebook posts I have see that says "I bought this washer, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, etc., and they said it worked, but I took it home and plugged it in and it didn't. Don't buy from this seller." (Whom of course probably changed their profile to sting somebody again).
It will work but the deafening noise and puddle beneath it will be your first clue. 😳

If he can repair it himself, he got a deal. Probably a YouTube video on it.

I predict electric dryers that use a heating element as they are made now will phase out in years to come. They will have a heat pump in them.

If you get bored, this rare all in one unit has one.

I predict electric dryers that use a heating element as they are made now will phase out in years to come. They will have a heat pump in them.

$1,999 instead of $300 for a conventional electric dryer. You gotta love bureaucratic mandated "green" equipment. "It's going to save the world" (sarcasm off)

To add: Anything with a heat pump is going to require Freon refrigerant of some sort and is going to require the same kind of trained, knowledgeable, professional and licensed installation as an AC unit. That's going to cost at least $1000 for installation alone.

$1,999 instead of $300 for a conventional electric dryer. You gotta love bureaucratic mandated "green" equipment. "It's going to save the world" (sarcasm off)

To add: Anything with a heat pump is going to require Freon refrigerant of some sort and is going to require the same kind of trained, knowledgeable, professional and licensed installation as an AC unit. That's going to cost at least $1000 for installation alone.
What can be more efficient to produce heat than an electric coil connected directly to the mains? If you need to generate heat by using a heat pump then you are loosing heat and energy to other components in the system that are not being used to heat the dryer, making it LESS efficient.

What's next, banning coal fired pizza ovens?!?! Oh wait....

What can be more efficient to produce heat than an electric coil connected directly to the mains? If you need to generate heat by using a heat pump then you are loosing heat and energy to other components in the system that are not being used to heat the dryer, making it LESS efficient.

What's next, banning coal fired pizza ovens?!?! Oh wait....
actually you are wrong..
you arent creating heat with a heat pump you are moving it.

and you recycle the heat because there is no vent.

its very efficient.. but relatively slow.

a heating element is 100% efficient.. these can be 3:1 above that or more.

uh barking up the wrong tree. one its both a washer and dryer.
Heat pump dryers are popular in europe.. where mandated.(iirc)

does a window AC require 1000$ for installation... not sure where you were going with that.

You plug it into a 120v outlet and it works. no vent.. no 230v.

These are nice for certain things.
you only do a couple loads a week..
or baby laundry room.. need no vent or 230v.

Not quite there to replace regular units yet... at least not for everyone.

Mid pandemic I couldn’t find one for under $400, I had never spent more than $199 on a new dryer (rotatiing heating element) up to that point and good lord does the lint trap suck

Truth, I watched the video on how to repair it. Really simple with just basic hand tools. Time consuming though and after 13 years I got my worth I felt.

actually you are wrong..
you arent creating heat with a heat pump you are moving it.

and you recycle the heat because there is no vent.

its very efficient.. but relatively slow.

a heating element is 100% efficient.. these can be 3:1 above that or more.

uh barking up the wrong tree. one its both a washer and dryer.
Heat pump dryers are popular in europe.. where mandated.(iirc)

does a window AC require 1000$ for installation... not sure where you were going with that.

You plug it into a 120v outlet and it works. no vent.. no 230v.

These are nice for certain things.
you only do a couple loads a week..
or baby laundry room.. need no vent or 230v.

Not quite there to replace regular units yet... at least not for everyone.

Go look at the dryer that he linked to. It's a ventless heat pump. There is no vent, that means that the refrigerant lines will have to transfer the heat from outside of the house and into the dryer. Unless you just want to suck all of the heat out of the inside of the house; and then replace that lost heat with another heat source. Refrigerant lines mean Freon and by law that means licensed installers and repairmen. And on a practical basis Freon also means that you need people that KNOW what they're doing and not the usual Stealership level parts changing monkeys.

This thing is really nothing more than a mini-split heat pump but with the heat outlet inside of the dryer.

I'm also still not clear about where the moisture that is in the clothes is going to go to with the ventless system. Possible a sump with a pump attached that will pump the water outside, but that will mean at least one more line through the wall. I had a mini-split installed two years ago and they installed the evaporator (the part that cools) up HIGH on the inside wall. The reason why is that the moisture in the air condenses on the evaporator and has to be gotten rid of somehow. In this case it drains into a sump and since the sump is up high, it can be drained by gravity. I had a long discussion with the AC people about this exact subject and they were all very clear that you don't want to have a low mounted evaporator (in this case the clothes dryer) because that would require a pump to remove the liquid water and there is a whole list of practical and technical reasons why you don't want to deal with a pump. Long story short, with a clothes dryer you're going to have to find a way to deal with the water from the clothes. so either you mount the dryer up at at least head height so that it can drain or you have to deal with a sump and a pump and all of the potential issues with it, such as water possibly over flowing inside the house.

A window AC is something entirely different, half of it is already hanging outside so venting and water draining are non-issues.

AC power and weather or not the system will need 230 VAC or can get by on just 110 VAC is another issue and that comes back to how fast do you want to dry your clothes and how much much clothes in one load and how much water remains in the wet clothes. My gut feeling is that 110 VAC isn;t going to deliver enough power that most people will be satisfied with how long it takes to dry their clothes so you will need 230 VAC. I bought one of the smallest mini-splits made and it requires 230 VAC even though it doesn't draw much power (7 amps MAX). That manufacturer (Mitsubishi) doesn't make any 110 VAC models and I don't think that any of the other companies that I looked at did either. But I'm sure that some company makes a toy version (probably sold on E-bay or Amazon) that does.

Go look at the dryer that he linked to. It's a ventless heat pump. There is no vent, that means that the refrigerant lines will have to transfer the heat from outside of the house and into the dryer. Unless you just want to suck all of the heat out of the inside of the house; and then replace that lost heat with another heat source. Refrigerant lines mean Freon and by law that means licensed installers and repairmen. And on a practical basis Freon also means that you need people that KNOW what they're doing and not the usual Stealership level parts changing monkeys.

This thing is really nothing more than a mini-split heat pump but with the heat outlet inside of the dryer.

I'm also still not clear about where the moisture that is in the clothes is going to go to with the ventless system. Possible a sump with a pump attached that will pump the water outside, but that will mean at least one more line through the wall. I had a mini-split installed two years ago and they installed the evaporator (the part that cools) up HIGH on the inside wall. The reason why is that the moisture in the air condenses on the evaporator and has to be gotten rid of somehow. In this case it drains into a sump and since the sump is up high, it can be drained by gravity. I had a long discussion with the AC people about this exact subject and they were all very clear that you don't want to have a low mounted evaporator (in this case the clothes dryer) because that would require a pump to remove the liquid water and there is a whole list of practical and technical reasons why you don't want to deal with a pump. Long story short, with a clothes dryer you're going to have to find a way to deal with the water from the clothes. so either you mount the dryer up at at least head height so that it can drain or you have to deal with a sump and a pump and all of the potential issues with it, such as water possibly over flowing inside the house.

A window AC is something entirely different, half of it is already hanging outside so venting and water draining are non-issues.

AC power and weather or not the system will need 230 VAC or can get by on just 110 VAC is another issue and that comes back to how fast do you want to dry your clothes and how much much clothes in one load and how much water remains in the wet clothes. My gut feeling is that 110 VAC isn;t going to deliver enough power that most people will be satisfied with how long it takes to dry their clothes so you will need 230 VAC. I bought one of the smallest mini-splits made and it requires 230 VAC even though it doesn't draw much power (7 amps MAX). That manufacturer (Mitsubishi) doesn't make any 110 VAC models and I don't think that any of the other companies that I looked at did either. But I'm sure that some company makes a toy version (probably sold on E-bay or Amazon) that does.
You have strong opinions coupled with a fundamental misunderstanding of how these systems work. I'm not an expert in thermodynamics, but the concept of moving heat with refrigerant is relatively straightforward.

Using heat from the house isn't "sucking it all out". You're just concentrating it in the dryer for a while. If I'm heating my house in the winter, yes - the furnace will have to spool up a bit to balance things out in the living space while the dryer is running. Someone smarter than me can probably do the math on that, and I would suspect the extra run time on the furnace wouldn't be enough to catch my attention while it's happening. However, once it stops, the heat is... drumroll... still in the dryer. And the clothes. The clothes come out of the dryer, and because they're warmer than the air in the house, they release the heat energy they borrowed. The dryer does the same thing. The heat generated through inefficiency of the heat pump also warms the house. That energy isn't free, but it ultimately gets used to heat the house, which I'm paying to do anyhow.

As for the moisture, it's been pointed out in the thread that the system referenced by Skyactiv is a combination washer/dryer. I'm not sure how your washer works, but when mine has water it needs to get rid of, it pumps it out of the discharge hose and into the waste line. This isn't a new challenge.

As for a heat pump being slower than an electric heating element, surely you're correct there. I don't think the entities who will mandate this sort of technology change in the interest of energy savings are particularly concerned with convenience.

You have strong opinions coupled with a fundamental misunderstanding of how these systems work. I'm not an expert in thermodynamics, but the concept of moving heat with refrigerant is relatively straightforward.

Using heat from the house isn't "sucking it all out". You're just concentrating it in the dryer for a while. If I'm heating my house in the winter, yes - the furnace will have to spool up a bit to balance things out in the living space while the dryer is running. Someone smarter than me can probably do the math on that, and I would suspect the extra run time on the furnace wouldn't be enough to catch my attention while it's happening. However, once it stops, the heat is... drumroll... still in the dryer. And the clothes. The clothes come out of the dryer, and because they're warmer than the air in the house, they release the heat energy they borrowed. The dryer does the same thing. The heat generated through inefficiency of the heat pump also warms the house. That energy isn't free, but it ultimately gets used to heat the house, which I'm paying to do anyhow.

As for the moisture, it's been pointed out in the thread that the system referenced by Skyactiv is a combination washer/dryer. I'm not sure how your washer works, but when mine has water it needs to get rid of, it pumps it out of the discharge hose and into the waste line. This isn't a new challenge.

As for a heat pump being slower than an electric heating element, surely you're correct there. I don't think the entities who will mandate this sort of technology change in the interest of energy savings are particularly concerned with convenience.
Truth be told it is just an oversized dehumidifier in principle. You may never even notice the difference in the room it's in depending on ambient temp.

No heat is being stolen and in fact due to inefficiency in the process heat is being made albeit a small amount. I looked at it but due to the amount of laundry a family needs it may not be time efficient for us.

The water like you said is pumped out but the one caveat is more maintenance. You have to make sure filters and lint traps are clean or it throws wrench in the whole process.

Heat Pumps are incredibly efficient at what they due vs. power used especially vs. a standard element. Ask someone who had to use Aux/Emergency heat in their house because the heat pump had an issue, bet their electric bill was way lower when the heat pump worked.

Back