Got some extra money from settlement....what to do....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's your actual return on it for the year to date?
Would be hard to calculate because of the options, interest paid, and divs. If I dumped it all at fridays price I would be down 24% before the other streams from it. Of course I would never do that. If exit the stock it will be due to a covered call striking and i will be back in the next dip. UWMC is new to the market, came as on as a spac, has like 2 quarters of earnings, not many know about it. They do 4/5ths of their business as purchase loans and that will be profitable in a housing correction or higher rate environment. This is an industry leader with decades of experience, a great CEO, some people say they have the best technology too. nothing wrong with broad index funds but this one should outperform if your getting in under $9. just my opinion as a totally un-educated and unqualified slob who pays big tax bills.

Would be hard to calculate because of the options, interest paid, and divs. If I dumped it all at fridays price I would be down 24% before the other streams from it. Of course I would never do that. If exit the stock it will be due to a covered call striking and i will be back in the next dip. UWMC is new to the market, came as on as a spac, has like 2 quarters of earnings, not many know about it. They do 4/5ths of their business as purchase loans and that will be profitable in a housing correction or higher rate environment. This is an industry leader with decades of experience, a great CEO, some people say they have the best technology too. nothing wrong with broad index funds but this one should outperform if your getting in under $9. just my opinion as a totally un-educated and unqualified slob who pays big tax bills.
Well mutual funds price their shares every day based on the value of their holdings at the end of the day. I'm not asking you to dump it, just asking how much you made on it so far year to date. Like what was the total value from when you bought it at the beginning of the year til now including all the other streams from it? It doesn't sound like the other streams would be enough to make up for 24% but I've no idea how much you're actually making from those streams, usually a few percent, not 24.

Well mutual funds price their shares every day based on the value of their holdings at the end of the day. I'm not asking you to dump it, just asking how much you made on it so far year to date. Like what was the total value from when you bought it at the beginning of the year til now including all the other streams from it? It doesn't sound like the other streams would be enough to make up for 24% but I've no idea how much you're actually making from those streams, usually a few percent, not 24.
Did the math, and with today's increase in value i am now -21.95% before any of the streams. Add in call premiums, dividends, short term flips on shares and options and its -15.71%. Not too shabby considering i bought in high and averaged down. Not my most profitable stock ever but its the only one i have zero worries about.

Did the math, and with today's increase in value i am now -21.95% before any of the streams. Add in call premiums, dividends, short term flips on shares and options and its -15.71%. Not too shabby considering i bought in high and averaged down. Not my most profitable stock ever but its the only one i have zero worries about.
So you made money on it in previous years? Doesn't really seem like the killer tear that the S&P 500 has been on in the last 3 years.

So you made money on it in previous years? Doesn't really seem like the killer tear that the S&P 500 has been on in the last 3 years.
UWMC spac’d onto the market less than a year ago. If you are asking if i beat the market or not i do. Something like 3-4x. This is through over 8000 trades since i started in march 2020. I spend hours a day on it alongside my regular business. I had the good fortune of learning to trade at the bottom of the market. Many have done way better than I for the same time frame so i wouldn’t say i am good at it or anything. You dont have to be the best at it if your just buying low and selling small gains over and over again.

I’m assuming the $20k is meant to cover some cost of care or aides associated with the injury?

If it’s intended to cover some future meeds because of the injury, then the key would be to keep up with inflation rate of such care. That may mean more or less aggressive investment.

UWMC spac’d onto the market less than a year ago. If you are asking if i beat the market or not i do. Something like 3-4x. This is through over 8000 trades since i started in march 2020. I spend hours a day on it alongside my regular business. I had the good fortune of learning to trade at the bottom of the market. Many have done way better than I for the same time frame so i wouldn’t say i am good at it or anything. You dont have to be the best at it if your just buying low and selling small gains over and over again.
I'm just curious about your entire performance. I don't really do much aside from looking at where the S&P 500 is each day from time to time. Sure you can have 3-4x performers, but as you mentioned, you also have dogs. I know someone who owns a bunch of stocks and I've told him he's basically become his own mutual fund. He mind as well just buy a mutual fund. But he spends a lot of time buying and selling them. Like I said, I've had Vanguard Index 500 for over 20 years, didn't buy and sell, just bought. Just trying to figure out if the time you've spent buying and selling have improved your performance past that of the S&P 500 vs the time spent on it. Basically the question is, could you have done better doing nothing?

I'm just curious about your entire performance. I don't really do much aside from looking at where the S&P 500 is each day from time to time. Sure you can have 3-4x performers, but as you mentioned, you also have dogs. I know someone who owns a bunch of stocks and I've told him he's basically become his own mutual fund. He mind as well just buy a mutual fund. But he spends a lot of time buying and selling them. Like I said, I've had Vanguard Index 500 for over 20 years, didn't buy and sell, just bought. Just trying to figure out if the time you've spent buying and selling have improved your performance past that of the S&P 500 vs the time spent on it. Basically the question is, could you have done better doing nothing?
On some things i would have been ahead in just holding. But i was interested in learning to trade short term and consistently. In my timeline the dow went up about 30%, the SP500 about 50%, nasdaq about 80%, and my account about 300%. This was not from “investing” it was many trades in and out.

I funded IRA at the same time and traded it a lot less, it had good but lower gains than my margin account. I am essentially gambling with my life savings on the daily. It can be a bit stressful at times, but can also very lucrative. I have posted more gains in 2020 and 2021 than my normal job. Is it sustainable now that the market is so high? I doubt it, and i get more and more scared/cautious of entire market by the day. The nasdaq shot up the most and will be the most vulnerable from a spike in interest rates.

In all the various doomsday scenarios i see UWMC coming out okay. People are still gonna buy houses at some price and some interest rate and UWMC will be there making a spread and a profit. Thats why i am bullish on it. Lower they short it, the larger % of my portfolio it takes over.

About three years ago, wife got t-boned. ... I don't like risk....my butt still hurts from that 2008 debacle....so....wondering what some of ya'll might do????
Give it to the wife either in a stack of 100 dollar bills, or Platinum coins or better yet a combination of both.

.... and install a Tony Montana wall safe.

If you asked me last November it would be easy. There were hundreds of 'momentary' undervalued stock buys due to the epidemic.

I would have said. buy some Goodyear. You would have made a nice 50-70% in just a couple months.
Actually someone here hinted at this sector as I was not paying attention or disposed to buying individual stocks.

Most of these have run up - so nothing there now.

plat back_948.jpg

I'd set it aside for a rainy day.
To me $20k won't make you a bunch of money unless you dump it in high risk situations. I wouldn't.

I just made $8k from $15k but that was a one in a million deal that I got by accident and it wasn't worth the anxiety. Really...never again.

Sock it away. Liquid funds are nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back