Google maps today

I checked my commute with google maps to see how the I95 bridge collapse might affect me.

There is now an alternate route and a business appears as an icon along the way. A pawn shop.

Does google believe I would be selling, or buying, from said pawn shop??!! 😂

Well I’m just wanting to get to the Ben Franklin from the west (Delaware Co.). But it seems traffic is being diverted onto 676 and 76, both of which I use…so I may go through W Philly….

I don't know, but perhaps the crew that gets to rebuild it might need a place to get new tools, so maybe it'll come in handy.

I live near Minneapolis, where in 2007 the I-35 bridge over the Mississippi river fell down. Just a few blocks away was a Grainger Industrial Supply store that was planning to go out of business and close. Right after the bridge fell down they removed the "closing soon" signs and decided to stay open while the bridge was being rebuilt. I'm sure they made some money selling tools and safety equipment and what-not to the construction crews.

Shortly after the bridge rebuilt, the store finally closed.

I checked my commute with google maps to see how the I95 bridge collapse might affect me.

There is now an alternate route and a business appears as an icon along the way. A pawn shop.

Does google believe I would be selling, or buying, from said pawn shop??!! 😂

Atlanta experienced the same event a few years ago on I85 just north of downtown. and even with all the available alternate highways traffic was so so bad. Philly is going to be a nightmare.

I looked up where Heartland Planning is yesterday which is an investment bank. Google includes info informing they might not provide something. Something that shouldn't be brought up here, but shows what I assume a bad algorithm can do.

Google Heartland Planning Associates and keep it to yourself.

I’m really not sure what the detour is…I did not experience anything worse abs I even hit 70 mph on 676 in the NJ direction…

Yes the area in question closed, but where are the vehicles diverted to…

IMG_8648.jpeg

I'm heading south of Philly and planning to use the NJTPK to the Commodore Barry tomorrow.

Please post how traffic was crossing the CB and what time of the day you cross it.
My GPS took me over the Walt Whitman at around 9am this morning. No traffic except waiting for the light to get onto I95 South after exiting the bridge. Took a couple cycles to get through. About a 3 minute delay. My GPS said there was traffic on the road (rt 322) that connects the NJTPK to the Commodore Barry. A coworker said he drove down I95 south and took the detour onto State Road around the closure and said it was smooth sailing.

Atlanta experienced the same event a few years ago on I85 just north of downtown. and even with all the available alternate highways traffic was so so bad. Philly is going to be a nightmare.
Yep, as I recall they fixed that bridge in something like a month too. I never even bothered to think about heading up that direction in that time.

--Edit--

43 Days

Back